Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Street VW

I thought you guys might be interested in this, if for no other reason than its "different".

1440_6431656263646364.jpg

One of the members over at scalemotorcars.com is producing this VW bus in 8th scale. It comes with lots of extras, and its being produced in Germany, as it should be. I was talking to a guy in Australia who has or is going to purchase one of these bodies with the intention of going wild with it. I just happened to have a couple of photo's that I've had in a file for a couple of years so I sent them to him.

hrdp_0603_bus_01_z1962_vw_busside_v.jpg

hrdp_0603_bus_11_z1962_vw_busblown_.jpg

If this guy decides to build something similar, I'll make sure he keeps us informed.

One of the members over at scalemotorcars.com is producing this VW bus in 8th scale. It comes with lots of extras, and its being produced in Germany, as it should be. I was talking to a guy in Australia who has or is going to purchase one of these bodies with the intention of going wild with it. I just happened to have a couple of photo's that I've had in a file for a couple of years so I sent them to him.

Hi

I think you might be taking about me,

A bit of introduction,Im from Australia been building models since i was about 10,(just turned 5^)and have been building 1/8 scale for the last 4 years or so

I have just paid for the VW today so depending on how good the mail service from Germany is will depend on when i get the body.

Yes it will be different,not your typical street machine

• 2 weeks later...

This build is so Cool!!! I can't wait to see the progress on this one. I like the fact that it is something totally different.

Heres the story on the real thing..

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hdrp_0603_1962_vw_bus/index.html

its from out around erie pa. thing is just dang cool.

Edited by Scott S