Model Cars Magazine Forum

'20 Olds truck, more woodwork!

Biscuitbuilder

Uh, Bill!

Now don't go giving me that line!!!! I know you, and I know your exquisite work far too well!

(but thanks for the encouragement, my friend!)

Biscuitbuilder

Hee Hee....:D

I meant that mine would probably come out like triangles than nice and straight as yours are. :)

Were you going to stain them, are leave them as is?

Hee Hee....:D

I meant that mine would probably come out like triangles than nice and straight as yours are. :)

Were you going to stain them, are leave them as is?

Nope!

Plans are to actually paint the wood, as almost all truck cabs were back then--after all, they were working vehicles, not show trucks. But, my rationale for doing all the wood in real wood? Simple! That way, even with sanding sealer first, the wood grain will show through slightly, letting you know that it's not just a collection of bits of Evegreen! 8)

Biscuitbuilder

They didn't paint the interiors though... did they?

Yup,

Most often, at least all of the wooden cab trucks I've seen that were either original finishes, or restorations, the interior of the cabs were painted, mostly in lighter colors.

I'm planning on dark green for the exterior of the cab, the bed, and hood, fenders, running boards, and radiator shell will be gloss black, lettering will probably be white, drop-shaded in red. Interior surfaces will be a light green.

Biscuitbuilder