Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where ya goin' Hot foot?

How fast have you driven a land vehicle? or even as a passenger how fast have you gone?

The fastest for me is 118 mph. on my Kawasaki 650.

I have had my 2004 Chevy Cavalier up to 110 mph. a few times and its more scary than the bike at that speed.LOL

Driven about 110 I figure, nothing to brag about. I was a passenger in a 69 Shelby Cobra once where we pegged

the speedometer. I don't recall what the speed was. It was a hair raising ride though. It was a reward for helping my neighbor shange out the headers on it. A two day event on a CJ, that was.

I've never driven quite fast when I have driven, but my I was talking to my Dad today about his '70 Boss Mustang and he told me that on the 401, our huge Highway, that he push the car as hard as it would run, and he got it up to 150 MPH, but the front end started lifting off the ground so he backed off it.

127 indicated on the digital speedo of a 94 Caprice 9C1. Best police car I ever had.

Did right around 115 on my 95 BMW R100RT. Owners manual says to not exceed 115 with saddle bags. They weren't kidding. 114 steady as a rock, 115 slight tremor, 116 noticible vibration. Never went that fast again.

G

I've had my 95 Impala SS up to 131 on the speedo at 5:00 in the morning goin to work on I-94 goin east. and there was still pedal left in it. Only did it to see just how fast my nerves would let me take it! That is DEFINATELY fast enough for me!!! And it SMOKES Marauders!biggrin.gif

Judging by the tachometer, top speed in my '88 Mustang 5.0 LX (~ 140). Quite stable, actually. I won't say where. Felt safer to outrun an idiot than to stay back.

~ 130 in my old Mazda RX4. Pleading the 5th where that happened. Side glass was fluttering madly.

~ 115 in the Miata. They're not as slow as some people think. There was plenty more.

Once or twice riding w/others, hit similar speeds for short durations.

Never w/much, if any, traffic around.

I have zero compulsion to do that at all anymore :)

Awful strange to let off, and feel like you're not even moving at 100 MPH.

Nowadays I'm perfectly happy 5-10 over the posted limit. Only one speeding ticket since 1976.

179 on public roads in a Gray Market 930 - super cams - with the biggest intercooler that you could fit in the tail. It had more but I was getting a little scared - it probably had a top end of closer to 200.

212 on a track. Back side of Road Am in a PCA 962 and it was broken and geared all wrong for that track.

Edited by CAL

145 mph in my 05 Goat, it was still climbing but the road was coming to a curve. it was running so easy and smooth. windows were down so it was getting pretty loud and you could feel te pressure in your ears. the best feeling was when i looked over at my wife and she had the biggest smile on her face and her hair was flying everywhere, she looked at me and said, " can we do it again."

120 mph in her 02 cougar.

110 in my 05 silverado easily, but the govern shut it down. :angry:

120 in my 75 firebird. dont have it anymore. :(

i could go on and on. basically i top out every vehicle i drive.

Ran a lap at Nobilsville IND IKF Street Race series for 5hp Brig Stock class in 89 at 142mph to set the 1 lap world record for 7/8th mile. Ran a Outlaw Super Late Model at Toledo down the back straight at 150+ in 94. Street wise not much over the speed limit as I do not care to kill some one with being stupid like so many others.

Fastest I have driven? about 135mph I guess..

The fastest I have been in a car? it was about 160 mph I guess,on the M25 to escape from pretty lights..LOL

I've had my 95 Impala SS up to 131 on the speedo at 5:00 in the morning goin to work on I-94 goin east. and there was still pedal left in it. Only did it to see just how fast my nerves would let me take it! That is DEFINATELY fast enough for me!!! And it SMOKES Marauders!biggrin.gif

THAT was YOU??????????????? Man I thought my doors were gonna blow off when you passed me. LOL J/K George.

About 135 at around 5 AM on I55 heading to St. Louis in my Stealth RT. No traffic at all in either direction. But since I was on a road I never travel, I had no idea where the next pothole might be... or the next cop hiding behind a sign or right after an overpass, so I didn't keep it at that speed very long, just a minute or two. The last thing I wanted to do was have something break at that speed. Plus my son was in the car (asleep)... so I figured I better cool it.

Strange feeling though, getting back to 65-70... it felt like I was barely moving.

Haven't ever gone nearly that fast again.