Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Charger 383

Casey429

It's finally done. I posted this as a WIP back in november, and actually finished it within my two week deadline. I was waiting to get some outdoor shots, but the weather wasn't exactly cooperative. And then I just forgot. Ever forget something? Well it happened to me :D. So, with the daylight gone, I snapped these pics on the workbench under a neon light.

model116.jpg

model118.jpg

model117.jpg

Thanks for looking. All comments welcome, positive or otherwise.

Not too much fuss, Bill and thanks for the comments. Except for my decals, which were useless, it went off without a hitch. As soon as I put them into the water, they fell apart. And, the red and blue badge that goes on the grille was missing altogether. Plus, after doing some research, I found out the R/T was not avaliable with the 383 engine. So, it is now an SE with R/T doors and hood. It looks al little dusty in the photos, but it actually looks really good in person, trust me! I need to clean the camera.

I've learned NOT to trust any decals that are a few years old...........

You may want to find something called "Microscale Liquid Decal Film". Simply brush it on, wait about 20 minutes or so, and then put it in water per normal. The decal should stay together with no problem.

It's great for restoring really old decals that can't be repro'd.

• 7 years later...

Good job. And I love the color!

I had a 1:1 '74 Charger in approximately that color . . . it was beautiful . . . and you didn't "meet yourself" several times a day like the Chargers with more mainstream ~ or common ~ colors.

Good job. And I love the color!

. . . and you didn't "meet yourself" several times a day like the Chargers with more mainstream ~ or common ~ colors.

Likewise, my best friend had a '71 charger this same color. Only one I ever saw. Fond memories in that car, he had 5-slot aluminum mags. I don't think he had the RT version.