Model Cars Magazine Forum

1991 FHP Caprice

lizardlust

Thought it was high time to post some of my meager efforts here! This is Revell's wonderful Caprice Snap Kit. The lightbar was liberated from an AMT/Ertl Taurus police car kit. Finish is a combination of PlastiKote and Duplicolor with old Chimneyville decals and Duplicolor clear coats. Basic plumbing and wiring under the hood, scratched antennas from piano wire stock and turned sprue bases, and a pinned and repositioned kit spotlight round it out.

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

I remember seeing those in my rearview quite regularly (back when I was in Gods Waiting Room!). Great build of an all-to-familiar and, believe it or not, wanting to see again subject (Ohio snow, cold, and taxes are driving me back home to Florida).

What color did you use for the Creme on this build? I know Florida had this color spec'd for them. I am building (term used loosely of course) a 1991 Mustang LX FHP SSP right now, and have the original color codes in my stash of info somewhere. If dupli-color or Plasti-cote has something close, I could use that instead. Thanks in advance.

Edited by whale392

• 4 years later...

That's a great looking police car....I remember when those first came out.....Most of us were like, "What the heck is that??"...Definitely, resembled a boat more than a police car..... After they did away with the rear wheel well covers, they started to get some respect, though.......Nice trip down memory lane, for me.....Thanks, Man...

Edited by kilrathy10

Very nice. Did these cars use the same engine as the Impala SS btw ?

Starting in '94 the LT 1 was available as an option in the Caprice 9C1 package. That was a great copcar.

This topic was originally posted before I came onto this site. Great build!

G

Edited by Agent G