Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which Resin Part(s) or Conversion Would You like To See?

On 8/28/2019 at 9:12 PM, MrObsessive said:

A GOOD '57 Lincoln two door hardtop. Hendrix resin once offered one (don't think it's made anymore), but that's a very classy car that you just don't see represented anywhere.

Bill . http://www.resinrealm.net/Star/STAR Models/57_Premier_Htp.html . I have one , worth the money .. Thanx 

On 9/3/2019 at 3:25 PM, dimaxion said:

Bill . http://www.resinrealm.net/Star/STAR Models/57_Premier_Htp.html . I have one , worth the money .. Thanx 

John..............Yeah, I forgot about that one. While to my eyes it's not bad, there are some changes I'd do to it if I had one. I also forgot that The Modelhaus made one. I may as well forget about that one as the price if one ever turns up on the 'Bay, would be outta sight! ?

If I wanted to spend some time, I could scratchbuild that car using a '57 Chevy as a base. Way down the road I may got that route as I'd rather work in plastic if possible than resin.

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

I wish someone would offer a sprue full of 1/24 and 1/25 clear headlight lenses, in both large (dual) and small (quad) sizes. I'd probably buy several sets. Round 2, this should be your next Parts Pack! 

That's a great idea!! I recently rummaged thru about four of my parts bins searching for two that matched! Finally found a pair the same size, with the same engraving on them!! LOL

While they're at it....they could add some photo etched bezels to go with them!

I haven't done an exhaustive search of this long thread to see if I'm duplicating a desire, but I have always wanted to see a correct '66 Buick Wildcat interior to go with that kit (which, as many know, has a '65 interior).  Missing Link had (has?) a resin '65 Wildcat that I bought some years ago and I remember commenting to Kevin that I finally have a correct body to go with the interior from my AMT '66 Wildcat kit!  In the same breath, I made a passing reference to him about creating a correct '66 interior for the Wildcat kit.

-gt 

7 hours ago, Bucky said:

That's a great idea!! I recently rummaged thru about four of my parts bins searching for two that matched! Finally found a pair the same size, with the same engraving on them!! LOL

While they're at it....they could add some photo etched bezels to go with them!

GREAT IDEA!