Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which Resin Part(s) or Conversion Would You like To See?

Very nice! How did you do that? And how are you approaching the interior, as that was totally different?

Next to the the Cutlass, the GPs are my favorite G-Body.

Hmmm....resin Cutlass. That'd be a good seller.

Charlie Larkin

Petty Grand Prix front and rear clip and a lot of shaving and reshaping the body...

IMG_1945.jpg

I got a long list, here's just a few:

1971 Mustang Convertible

1969 Cyclone CJ (not Spoiler - Time Machine has that one covered!)

1966 Belvedere/Satellite

1948 Chevrolet Convertible (Ed, please bring this one back!)

1968 Mercury Cougar 427 GT-E

lotus elite (the original one) lotus14lowprofile0jp.jpg

What is that? There's something not-quite-right about it. It looks like somebody tried to make a Lotus Elite from a Porsche body shell. I'd love to see Tamiya or somebody do the original Lotus Elite. It's only one of the most beautiful cars ever made, and the shape is fairly simple, but nobody makes a kit of it. I realize that styrene is a pipedream, but why not resin?

Maserati birdcagebirdcage2ey0.gif

Y E S !!!! I was thinking more along the lines of "a decade or two" for that one.

Me too .. A 35 Ford would be nice, someone mentioned a 38 Ford. Early Racing Classics does a 39 standard which is very close to a 38 Deluxe. Does anyone have a Banjo Steering wheel from Replicas and Minitures of Maryland ? I want to know how accurate is for these ear Fords .

I have one of these . It is a good casting . I am able to scratch the missing stock parts to make a Factory Stock . Thanx .. B)

Edited by dimaxion

My list would include

58 ford convertible or hardtop

34 LaSalle convertible coupe or coupe

36 LaSalle, Buick or Olds 3 window coupes w/rumble seat

;

I believe R&R does the '58 convertible. I remember seeing one sonmeplace.

As to the LaSalles, Buicks and Oldses....yes, I'll take one of each, please.

Charlie Larkin

My 2 cents

Early 90's Jeep Cherokee sport XJ

same thing but Grand Cherokee ZJ

Jeep Comanche MJ

Early 70's Pinto not runabout but with a trunk

I second the 66 Chevy shortbed fleetside with small window like the 1 I had at 15

60's Chevy suburban 4x4 for civil defense or forestry

Dodge Sprinter cab and chassis and van body great for light commercial/delivery vehicle

Wheels, back in the 80's there was a wheel that looked like a turbine, i think it was availible in the Revell Van parts pack, that wheel in 6 lug for 4x4 and 5 lug for street machine

A decent set of side pipes

an L88 style hood for the amt 72 nova

also a WC-52 Dodge Weapons Carrier or the Command car

figure parts or new poses maybe some kids of differing ages/sizes and a car seat

folded stroller and such for the "Family" outing car

Just my 2 cents worth

Edited by icedragon

I wish someone would repop the MPC Charger 68-70 Annuals,Especially the 69 for us that like the MPC kits Yes the Revell kit is great,But compared to the MPC bodys they are compleatly inaccurate,That front Bumper in the 68 and 69 kits bugs me the most,It looks out of scale compared to the rest of the kit,Just my oppinion!

I truly wish someone would offer a more workable Bugatti Atlantic body (plus disc wheel covers) than the diecast body in the Bburago kit.

BuragoBugAtl6copy.jpg

Styrene or resin, I just wish we could get more Classics and pre-war cars of almost any description. I agree, though, and Atlantic would be a cool model to build.

Charlie Larkin

Alrighty then . How about a '55 Studebaker Front bumper/hood/tailight/conversion . The Packard V/8 to complete the conversion to a '56 would be an additional bonus . It is available from R&R . I have been wanting to make a '55 Studebaker President Speedster in Lemon~Lime since 1955 when it was introduced . I can still smell that car after a hard run . Anyone who has casted Studebakers wasn't sorry for doing so . Thanx ..

I've got a real yearnin' for a '67 Fairlane 500 hardtop ..

1967_Ford_Fairlane.jpg

and a convertible

1967_Ford_Fairline_500_XL_Convertib.jpg

and wagon - a Country Squire

67_ford_fairlane_station_wagon2.jpg

and a non Squire version

67-Fairlane500-Wagon-ds-feather.jpg

and a Ranchero...

67ranchero.jpg

yeah yeah - I know.. you can't have everything.. but it don't hurt to dream does it? :):lol: :lol: :D

I've got a real yearnin' for a '67 Fairlane 500 hardtop ..

1967_Ford_Fairlane.jpg

yeah yeah - I know.. you can't have everything.. but it don't hurt to dream does it? B):rolleyes::D:D

QUIT DREAMING! :lol:

HPIM2206.jpg

Yeah, I know it's a 66 and not a 67, a GT/GTA and not a 500, but, hey, it's close! Also, depending on your skills at modifying, you could at least get the convertible from it, too. :D

Edited by highway

Nick made one mention of something that I will agree with.

More tires. Good whitewalls especially would be welcomed. I've found those decals in the Revell kits just don't like me.

Say, does anyone know if any of the Modelhaus or S.E. Ltd. tires will fit the newer Revell wheels? I'm thinking of using those in place of some of the other options on my 4-4-2 and a couple of other kits.

Charlie Larkin

You know on the note of tires...some tires like coker sells would be good. Wide whites, old school dirt track firestones, etc.

X2, I need a 03 Vert !

They would sell like crazy.

Everyone knows new edge are the best ponies! (well except Harry&Greg) :):P:P

Just seen this, And I have to agree...I have a 2002 1:1 and I have wanted to do a model of it for awhile(even though I wont be able to do a body kit of what I have or want)