Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 problems that I am having in regards to posting

First question is does everyone have this little green box at the top of their screen thats says--- loading...---the whole time they are logged into this forum as I always do,and secondly when I try to PM another member after I click the small PM link under their avatar or picture NOTHING HAPPENS,shouldn't I be getting another window or post box that opens for me to send them a message????????????

See what version of browser and OS you are running

Randy, hit refresh on the browser

Clear cache

Reset Browser

Or, if all else fails, slap Gregg on the side of the head...

Yeah but your Gregg and you'll see me,I especially don't want to mess those pins up,I like the NCIS slap myself and having a bad back and metal familiarity I don't want you to hit me back,LOL,Thanks Randy

No green loading box on my end. I just clicked your PM and a box came up,so no problem there. It could be your browser Randy. I have IE8 and everything works fine. Also it could be the "skin" you have chosen on the forum. Some of them don't work right. Go to the bottom of the page and try changing you skin to IP Duo and see if that helps you out. The box to change your skin is at the bottom left right beside the language box. Hope this helps you out.

I made the change with the skins at the bottom of the page and it seems to have worked thank you,opps nope green box is back at the top of my screen,I've refreshed cleaned and well,go figure,but thanks anwyas fella's,Randy

How old is your computer? I see you are running XP, so I'm guessing you've had it awhile.

Yup about 3 years now,and will probably have it alot longer,especially with one of my printers that won't work to well with other windows systems (ALPS),guess I'll just have to learn to live with a few setbacks thats all,Thanks for the help though,any luck with any of the Instructions from the list I posted Mark............

Yup about 3 years now,and will probably have it alot longer,especially with one of my printers that won't work to well with other windows systems (ALPS),guess I'll just have to learn to live with a few setbacks thats all,Thanks for the help though,any luck with any of the Instructions from the list I posted Mark............

You can keep your old computer (the hardware part) and just upgrade the operating system (the software part).

Windows 7 can be had for around $100.