Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy with tribal flames

JayVee

I've looked at this build before Jayvee, but i only just realized that it's based on the new tool '57. I saw the old tool blower setup and just assumed the whole thing was the old tool. I only realized it when you said it was a well engineered kit. Upon closer inspection I found the truth. Shame on me. Very nice build, as always!

I've looked at this build before Jayvee, but i only just realized that it's based on the new tool '57. I saw the old tool blower setup and just assumed the whole thing was the old tool. I only realized it when you said it was a well engineered kit. Upon closer inspection I found the truth. Shame on me. Very nice build, as always!

Thanks! I always thought that blower setup looked outrageous and it seemed like the right thing to add to the newer tooled kit. I've heard it said that the older kit has more accurate body lines, but the newer kit goes together beautifully and it has a lot of detail parts under the hood (most of which I didn't use)!

John..OUTSTANDING!!..I'm starting a build of the old AMT PRO SHOP '57 for the Feb. 32-57 theme NNL W of course this kit only has stock parts so...a lot of digging through my "parts" boxes to build it the way I want it to look 8) :lol: .....B

• 2 years later...

Wow, you started this way back in December an I'm jus now noticing it? Yeeesh, shows how attentive I am! :blink: Great lookin build J! It's the newer issue 57 eh? The one with the opening trunk,yes? Anyway, yours is lookin perdy sharp Daddy-O! I REALLY like the flames on it! :D

This definitely wins the prize for "Oldest Post Brought Back From the Dead"... :blink:

I'm glad the thread was resurrected though, haven't seen this one before. I just have to agree with the rest of you guys, this is a beautiful model and that paint job is outstanding! :D

• 2 weeks later...