Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram "Big" Kit Parts Questions

Looking at pics of an original 1/8th scale Monogram Big Deuce and the recent Big Tub re-issue, it appears both come with the whitewall bias-ply tires. Are tires are the same in both kits?:

PC88Y:

MonoPC88Y1.jpg

Big Tub re-issue:

RevellBigTub2009.jpg

I'm not a fan of the Big Tub body at all, so I'm considering picking up one of these instead, but I would like to know if either of the following kits includes the whitewall tires:

Revell32FordHotRod2007.jpg

Ford20Hi20Boy20Model.jpg

Actually, any pics or info regarding the wheel and tire options included in any of the "Big" series kits would be great.

Am I correct in assuming the Big T was the only kit to include the American 200-S "Daisy" mag wheels, like so?:

200swheelsBigT.jpg

How 'bout the BFG tires shown above with the 200-S wheels? Which kits included those tires?

Which type of tires were included in the '77 issue of the '32 Ford Street Rod version, like so?:

Mono32FordStreetRod77.jpg

Also, do the newer two Deuce kits include the 4-into-1 exhaust headers as shown on the highboy in his pic?:

instructions-bigdeuce.jpg

Edited by Casey

• 1 month later...

The newer BIG DEUCE kits don't have the old Firestone whitewall tires (which are filled with air) The new kits have the '70's GoodYear tires and also a hollow set of newer design old school firestone tires... As for the chrome Pontiac 4 into 1 headers... Those are included on the sprue tree. :o