37/38 Ford Pick Up--Revell Strikes Again

42 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This may sound like a stupid question, but is the chassis of this kit interchangeable with the Revell's 37 Ford Coupe?

Posted · Report post

This may sound like a stupid question, but is the chassis of this kit interchangeable with the Revell's 37 Ford Coupe?

I'm guessing no, since the cars are 1/24 scale and the trucks 1/25 scale.

At least the '37 Panel is being reissued. ;)

Posted · Report post

Thanks Casey.

Posted · Report post

One minor gripe... it isn't a '37/38- it is just a 1937, with an optional '38 grille and hood treatment. A '38 Grille and hood on a '37 does not a '38 make. Okay. Off my soapbox. B)

I agree with you Chuck. I was quite bummed when I opened it and didn't find the 38/39 cab.

Posted · Report post

Well, I built the original issue of this kit a few years ago and it was a fun, no worries kind of build... Wish I had an entire case of them!

jado9y.jpg

Posted · Report post

I agree with you Chuck. I was quite bummed when I opened it and didn't find the 38/39 cab.

Or the fenders. Good news is if you have a Monogram '40 and some '36 Ford fenders, you'd be well on your way to making a '38 if you wanted to do a ton of work. Which I guess isn't good news, merely so/so news. :lol:

Posted · Report post

I've always had a plan to take the '37 Coupe's front end, cowl and fenders and add it to the cab and bed of the pickup. The dread of the scale differences has kept me from it so far.

Posted · Report post

It comes with 10 tires so you can do the tandem dually conversion, Case! *cough* :P

Posted · Report post

I've always had a plan to take the '37 Coupe's front end, cowl and fenders and add it to the cab and bed of the pickup. The dread of the scale differences has kept me from it so far.

I've thought of that myself, but since what I have in mind would involve chopping and cutting so much that nobody would really know what scale the resulting model would be, I might go ahead with it scale difference or no. B)

Posted · Report post

im building one similar but im using mostly modified stock parts to make mine

Posted · Report post

Ok this thread peaked my interest in this kit I have passed on it for about two years now but I have to have it now.

Posted · Report post

I enjoyed it so much I had to buy 3 more.

PairofFords2.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Actually editing this post. Ok unless I am missing something why is there ten tires four rims one spare and 5 hubcaps? Don't get me wrong I love spare tires/parts. Also does the surf board have a separate skeg or is it part of the board?

Edited by mnwildpunk

Posted · Report post

Actually editing this post. Ok unless I am missing something why is there ten tires four rims one spare and 5 hubcaps? Don't get me wrong I love spare tires/parts. Also does the surf board have a separate skeg or is it part of the board?

I've wondered the same thing about the ten tires, especially since all ten are the same and each group consists of five tires.

The skeg is part of the board:

longboard1.jpg

Posted · Report post

Ok thank you casey and thanks for the link to photobucket

Posted · Report post

Look at the last photo Dr. Cranky posted and you will see the new wheels. They have a slightly smaller diameter. The kit has two sets of wheels now. The box side shows the two wheel sets.