Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Couple of New Masters

With the Lonestar on its way, I thought I'd post a couple more of my masters in the works.

First is a 72" Prosleeper. The black one is one I stared many years ago, and I was never happy with it. So, I started over. It is mated to an original Clint Freeman 9300 hood. The white cab is the result of the second try. The roof will be molded seperatly, and I also have a low-rise roof planned. This will drop right on the re-issued Transtar, or Moluminums 9300.

Prosleeper001.jpg

Prosleeper002-1.jpg

Also, here is an "I" series cab, along with a 9400 series hood. The "I" is loosely based on the old Transtar cab, with a different roof, cowl, doors, and firewall. I have drawings and info for a 9900 series hood also.

ICab.jpg

With the Lonestar on its way, I thought I'd post a couple more of my masters in the works.

First is a 72" Prosleeper. The black one is one I stared many years ago, and I was never happy with it. So, I started over. It is mated to an original Clint Freeman 9300 hood. The white cab is the result of the second try. The roof will be molded seperatly, and I also have a low-rise roof planned. This will drop right on the re-issued Transtar, or Moluminums 9300.

Prosleeper001.jpg

Prosleeper002-1.jpg

Also, here is an "I" series cab, along with a 9400 series hood. The "I" is loosely based on the old Transtar cab, with a different roof, cowl, doors, and firewall. I have drawings and info for a 9900 series hood also.

ICab.jpg

Don't forget the sleeper windows.

70fi3p.jpg

I started with an original Paystar cab (just because it was lying around), and then modified it to match dimensions I measured off of several different cabs at a salvage yard. All of the white in the first pictures has been changed. The hood was completely scratchbuilt from sheet and strips to match the 1:1

I'm not sure about the Prostar/Lonestar project at the moment. If Moebius's Lonestar keeps being pushed back, I'll keep working on it.

I like your work on the Internationals, they look very correct. I've driven one or two in my time! :D You work on just Internationals or do you do masters of other trucks as well. A Freightliner Classic XL Condo might be nice!! :)

Man, I drove a 9400i Eagle with a 72" ProSleeper! Out of the four trucks I've been in, the 9400i was, hands down, the best. I would love to build a replica of that truck. It looks like I'll be able to do just that. Keep us posted, I'll be watching this one with much interest!

Shouldn't that grille have some curve on it?

83284312.jpg

Chuckyr, I think that all depends on the year: Your picture shows a newer truck with the subtle curve in the grill and a different cab than what's in my photo. I'm not sure what year that cargostar is going for, but it looks right from my vantage point...

ic79xz.jpg

I'm pretty sure that International used several different cab/sleeper/hood combo's to produce different models. I don't know too many manufacturers that don't. I do know that with that hood and the 72" Prosleeper cab, I'll be able to build "my" Eagle.

Looking good, Cargostar! Keep 'em coming!

Got a little bit more done on the 9400I. First coat of primer has been shot, and a visor roughed out.

ICab018.jpg

ICab019.jpg

ICab020.jpg

I don't know what cargostar's planning either but these pictures show a newer model 9400i like the picture that chuckyr posted, look close at the door window shape. The picture you posted wagoneer81 is of an older 9400 where the bottom of the window frame is flat, not like chuckyr's and cargostar's pictures where the bottom is sloping downwards towards the front of the cab. The cab for the one you pictured wagoneer81 is the one cargostar used in his picture of the 9300 hood. Leave it to a trucker to notice the little details!