Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Couple of New Masters

Gee, these news are just as good as the Prostar's! So before long we'll have a full class8 International lineup. The 9900 is one sweet looking machine. I could imagine a 9900 on a Lonestar frame and mechanicals. You're going to be busy with orders from the guys around here Dave...

• 2 weeks later...

Well......

Its DONE!!! ;D

9400i012.jpg

9400i011.jpg

9400i009.jpg

Not shown, but included, is a vacuumformed windshield.

If anyone is interested in one, drop me a pm.

I just received mine from Cargostar today. I ordered it from him Friday just 4 days ago and it arrived quickly and well packed. Let me put in a plug for Dave for who ever has not actually seen his castings in person.

This guy knows what he's doing !!!

This 9400 day cab is awesome.

I also have a Lonestar day cab that he made which is also awesome although I didn't know It was his at the time that I bought it on e-bay.

You won't go wrong picking up these castings. They are Great!!!. Now I just need to get busy building.

Hi Dave,

It looks GREAT! I would really like to see a photo or photos of your parts/kits assembled. Some of us may not know what all of your kits look like together. Look forward to seeing the projects in the pipeline. Thanks!

David

Well- this is his LoneStar daycab and Harley grille. (Note- I removed the LoneStar scripts and handles from the doors).

32d569f6-vi.jpg

Casting quality was fantastic, price was great, and delivery turnaround time was blisteringly fast. I'll definitely be doing more business with Dave... especially when he gets that D-Series pickup and Travelall on the market. Cough, cough... :rolleyes:B)

• 5 months later...

Well- this is his LoneStar daycab and Harley grille. (Note- I removed the LoneStar scripts and handles from the doors).

32d569f6-vi.jpg

Casting quality was fantastic, price was great, and delivery turnaround time was blisteringly fast. I'll definitely be doing more business with Dave... especially when he gets that D-Series pickup and Travelall on the market. Cough, cough... :rolleyes:B)

Errhhh, You finished with that one Chuck??

Errhhh, You finished with that one Chuck??

Nope, it still looks pretty much like that, only with a fine layer of dust on it. Still up in the air on doing it as a tractor or a wrecker.

Oh, and it's been a while- gotta pester Dave once more about that D-Series and Travelall... :D To repeat Robert's statement... my Paypal is ready when you are.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, its been a bit since an update so here it is....

I shot some black on the hood, and silver on the grill to give them a different finish than primer for a final look over.

9900test001_zps5098e95b.jpg

9900test002_zps8d5c72be.jpg

9900test003_zps0681862f.jpg

9900test005_zps057c2590.jpg

Don't worry about the white on the hood. Its just plastic dust from another project.

And here is one of the other projects.

A daycab conversion for the Moebius Prostar.

ProstarDaycab1_zps545490e0.jpg

ProstarDaycab2_zps2ea1028a.jpg

The day cab will be offered as just the cab, or with a pair of quarter fenders and fuel tank steps as most of the day cabs do not have the aero side skirts.

Another project that has appeared is:

HeavyS1_zps4c0c55b9.jpg

HeavyS2_zps6e235c13.jpg

A heavy set forward axle IH S-Series. This will come with the cab and interior also.