Model Cars Magazine Forum

'59 Caddy!!!!

cruz

Hey Cruz, I went into your Fotki page and found some interior shots of the car that I loved. You see, the ones you took outside are nice but the Bare Metal Foil work doesn't show much. The inside shots show this much better, you should include some of them here seeing that you went through so much work with the BMF. What do you think?

Hey Cruz, I went into your Fotki page and found some interior shots of the car that I loved. You see, the ones you took outside are nice but the Bare Metal Foil work doesn't show much. The inside shots show this much better, you should include some of them here seeing that you went through so much work with the BMF. What do you think?

You must be reading my mind Kevin, I thought the same thing myself which is why I took some inside pictures, I just have not shared them because I thought I had more than enough pictures when I opened this thread. Anyway, here are some. Thanks!! :rolleyes:

59Caddy031-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

59Caddy011-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

59Caddy021-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

59Caddy024-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

59Caddy005-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

As you can see, I shot them a little darker, still don't see that much difference but at least I tried, gotta go out and get me some photography lessons... :blink:

Marcos,

Congrats on another beautiful build. I never considered pearl clear over a metallic. The finish is great! How did you prepare the photoetched hubcap centers? I assume that you painted the whole thing white and rubbed the white off the high spots on the photoetch. Whatever you did, it's very convincing.

Marcos,

Congrats on another beautiful build. I never considered pearl clear over a metallic. The finish is great! How did you prepare the photoetched hubcap centers? I assume that you painted the whole thing white and rubbed the white off the high spots on the photoetch. Whatever you did, it's very convincing.

Thanks man, it's exactly what I did and the only way to do it with photo-etch, don't you just love this stuff!!!!! :blink:

You truly have the "eye" Mr. Cruz. This thing is gorgeous. I'm glad you built it completely stock. These old Caddy's can hold their own without any customizing what so ever as long as the building does 'em up right.

Bingo!

You must be reading my mind Kevin, I thought the same thing myself which is why I took some inside pictures, I just have not shared them because I thought I had more than enough pictures when I opened this thread. Anyway, here are some. Thanks!! :huh:

59Caddy031-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

59Caddy011-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

59Caddy021-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

59Caddy024-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

59Caddy005-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

As you can see, I shot them a little darker, still don't see that much difference but at least I tried, gotta go out and get me some photography lessons... :o

Now your'e talking, even though I prefer the shade of blue on the outside pictures, this ones show a bit more of the BMF work. Truly amazing man!

Fantastic job! WOW... that's how I want my models to look when I grow up :o

I like how you put it on the porch railing to snap a few outside shots, reminds me of when I used to do the same thing years ago until one of my models took off on me... fell to it's death :D

Ahhh... those were the days.

• 2 weeks later...

That came out beautifully.

Seriously, if General Motors wants to get back in the game, they need to start building something with style and presence again, and this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Great work, and I agree, a well-set photo session with a pro could fool a lot of people.

Charlie Larkin

• 3 weeks later...