Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coolest Hummer Ever!!!

That's kinda cool! Now, I don't care what people call these things, I like em stock, made to do what they were oringally designed to do. I think people hate hummers because there's the people out there who rice these things out with 30" chrome spinners, crazy paint, and dumb sound systems. If I had the money I would buy one, but keep it stock and take though some mud holes! But most people that own these things have too much money and not enough brains, I like that one though, it's different!

now everyone has there own opinion on whats the best this and that to me the best factory 4x4 is the UniMog...

i mean its got great gearing different body styles to suit your needs and can pull heck of a lot more then a hummer. i like the H1 mind you but its over rated.

Here is the link to the article. They have a short YouTube Video, also.

NY Times article

The artist stated that he explores “contemporary issues by deconstructing and recontextualizing iconic symbols to gain perspective and understanding about the world in which we live.”

Isn't that what we do with model cars? At least the deconstructing and recontextualizing part. :lol::lol:

Edited by Modelmartin

HUMMERS RULE!!! Well only the H1 is the stuff, the H2 is okay and the H3 is pure sutpidity.

You actually have the last two backwards. The H2 is stupidity (only used for limos and rappers) while the H3 is okay (actually a really capable vehicle, especially the Alpha with the 5.3 V8). B)

This was actually built here locally at a new shop that just opened around Christmas called "Slicks Garage" - and where I am doing some sub-contractor airbrush work for as well. It was neat to watch him drive that Hummer into the shop and then watch it get hacked up. :lol:

The artist, Jeremy, is a very nice guy and it's just one of those "artist statements" that either people love, or hate - there is no middle ground. And yes, it will be pulled by two horses through Times Square (thus the name "Hummer 2H" instead of H2). Slick is also building a 32 Coupe for Capt. Andy Hillstrand of the crab boat "Time Bandit" from the show Deadliest Catch.

While not for everyone, it still makes you look. :P

Edited by CarModDave

(Quote in part:) Slick is also building a 32 Coupe for Capt. Andy Hillstrand of the crab boat "Time Bandit" from the show Deadliest Catch.

While not for everyone, it still makes you look. :lol:

I never watch the show, but is that the Captain who just passed away? Seems like I saw on the news about a month ago that the captain of a crab boat that is featured on a Discovery Channel (IIRC) died. He was in his 50's.