Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kenworth off-road front suspension

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am looking for good close-up photos of this front suspension, particularly how the front links attach to the axle.This set-up was optional on the LW848's and I think a similar set-up with a heavier tube axle was standard on 849's & 850's. A similar set-up was used on some Hayes & Pacifics.

Posted · Report post

Have you checked Hanks Truck Pictures.

Posted · Report post

I may have specs on a similar suspension from an International. Would that help?

Posted · Report post

check hanks truck picture hank rabe has brochure on 848,s 849 & 850,s

Posted · Report post

check hanks truck picture hank rabe has brochure on 848,s 849 & 850,s

checked there before I asked here. No photos showing how they attached to the front axle. Maybe I will try asking on Hanks Forum...

Posted · Report post

I may have specs on a similar suspension from an International. Would that help?

I would be interested in seeing that. Even if its not the same as the KW it might come in handy in the future. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

I'll dig it up and scan it.. Chances are it may be a "generic" suspension, (Hendrickson, etc.), with just specific mounting brackets/hardware.

Posted · Report post

I'll dig it up and scan it.. Chances are it may be a "generic" suspension, (Hendrickson, etc.), with just specific mounting brackets/hardware.

Yes, I noticed a very similar set-up under Pacifics and Hayes, so you might be right. That would be great. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Ok, these drawings are from a Paystar parts book. The spring pin goes thru the upper hole in the front bracket, and the torque rod goes to the lower hole. The first drawing is for a non-driving front axle, and the second is for a driving axle. It looks like just the axle bracket changed. Hope these help!

Suspensiondrawings002.jpg

Suspensiondrawings001.jpg

Posted · Report post

LOL! Well, I guess now we know where John Calvert got the idea for Cal-Tracs! GREAT STUFF, that was EXACTLY what I needed! 99% sure thats the same set-up as on the KW's, Hayes & pacifics. BIG thanks!

Posted · Report post

I should have dug a little deeper on Hanks. Just found this too. Look closely, there is a small pic of the optional front suspension. Between these two pics, I am in business.