Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 nova project (first pic post)

mademan

alrighty, well ive finnaly decided to post a few pics and get goin with this one. I used to be big into plastic models a few years back ( im only 20 now) and I got a real car and stopped building. Then I saw this kit, and had to start up again. Its nothing special, just ordered a resin cowl hood. some photo etched parts (emblems, distributer, etc.) some braided lines, pegasus wheels, and a neato six dueces setup. lmk what yall think so far. I think I nailed the stance I was shooting for head on.

414212065.jpg

414200631.jpg

414200688.jpg

414200534.jpg

414200572.jpg

414334351.jpg

Good start and you have some nice pieces to add to a decent kit. It should look real nice when done.

Any ideas yet on a color? You going for a slammer look or slightly modified ?

Mike Scheve

Im going for a slightly modified look, i think. Im leaning towards a 2 tone black/red pearl. or mabey a black/blue. Im really undecided. so far the kit looks decent, and its my first time using aftermarket components like resin/photo etch. im used to just kit bashing to build.

Mike,

Where did you find that 6 Deuce intake? Is it white metal?

Looks like the mold was pulled from the Monogram 30 Ford Woodie..(?)

the six dueces is white metal, i got it on ebay from psfhobbies (hightly recoomended) i belive it cost me 3.00