Model Cars Magazine Forum

I just ordered my first chopped resin body, I am wondering how do you guys make windows, do you cut the stock ones down or make them form something?

Thanks

Mike

usally, i would have some clear plastic from a toy box or something, and cut it to shape and fit.

something like this:

100_1789.jpg

Thin clear plastic is everywhere in our lives. Product packaging is a good example. One idea is to buy a box with pre-printed cards (invitations, thank you's, etc) as they usually have a clear cover.

Otherwise, any good hobby shop sells sheet stock plastic... just ask at the counter. Happy hunting!

Edited by Spyder

David, I think my original post went by way of the old byte bucket! :lol: The link you gave goes to some kind of search engine, so the original post may no longer be there.

Mike for the November '09 issue of MCM, I wrote an article on making your own windows using clear stencil sheet. You can order a back issue here...........it'll come in real handy for what you want. :)