Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Dual Superbee builds...Finally!

Guest Sickfish

Cliff, with regards to your outstanding attention to detail so far, I find myself in some agreement with dwc43. While I do think the brass slide would be going truly too far for this interior build (considering that it will never be seen), I do think however that the silver (either painted or BMFd) on the buckle would make it more realistic sitting in the interior (as that portion of the detail CAN be seen even with it hidden in the interior).

These buils amaze me and go far beyond my level (both time-commital and skill level), so take my opinion with a grain of salt and for what it is worth.

Never thought about the BMF. That would make it look real good.

By the way guys, I did not mean to fully fab the buckle with brass. I thought just maybe a groove cut with the back side of a knife on each side with a dab of brass paint in each slot would do it. Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific about that.

Either way it will still look great. No one ever goes as far as to put the shoulder harness in these cars. Or, at least none that I have ever seen.

Being that the shoulder harness was still optional in the B-Bodies at the time of the 'Bees being built (in the C bodies and D bodies (Imperial), the shoulder harness was standard equipment), very few cars actually came with them. Seeing them (or lack of seeing them in this case) installed in a model just follows prototype procedures of the day.

My 1965 Dodges (both Coronet500s...one a vert and the other a hardtop) still had the option of front lap belts (my vert didn't come with them, but my hardtop did). Front belts did not become Federally mandated as standard equipment until 1974, 1984 for rear belts.

Guest Sickfish

Lol!! No Brad, still here mate! Only very little progress because of work last couple of days :-(

re-positioned the door lock pins, brought them forward to correct position ahead of front seats & just cut up seatbelts for positioning on seats...

fba2005c.jpg

927c40a3.jpg

Cheers Cliffo :-)

Edited by Sickfish

I understand the work schedule thing Cliff......I work 10 hour days (at night) so all I want to do on my workweek is sleep when I do get home. Progress is slow whenever I can do anything, because house matters take over modeling time (and keeping 3 vehicles running takes a little time from my week as well).

I didn't want you to think we were ganging up on you about the seatbelts, and now looking at their position in the interior I have to say they will be hard pressed to be seen in full detail.........you win on this one Cliff! ;)

Guest Sickfish

Cliffo 1 Brad & boys 0... Lol!! Just kiddin guys ;-) Deckerz... If the suit fits...;-)

got around to making some seatbelt buckles, what do ya think???

666d978b.jpg

Guest Sickfish

Ok guys I'm gonna call the seatbelts/buckles done! Finished them off today! The shoulder belts are ready for installation when the time comes ;-)

52d347c6.jpg

a75550af.jpg

Cheers guys, Cliffo :-)

Edited by Sickfish

Guest Sickfish

Thanks guys! Dwc I don't know what's in the video as I can't view it through my iPhone but thanks mate! Still waiting for the RBMotion stuff :-[

Nothing done over last few days as I'm on backshift @ work & been sleeping during the day...

Cheers Cliffo!

Thanks guys! Dwc I don't know what's in the video as I can't view it through my iPhone but thanks mate! Still waiting for the RBMotion stuff :-[

Nothing done over last few days as I'm on backshift @ work & been sleeping during the day...

Cheers Cliffo!

Just a close up vid of an original Bee minus the Cragar wheels. Good inside and outside shots.

That's no excuse Cliff, as I constantly work 7pm to 7am.......that is my work schedule. (ok, maybe it is a viable excuse, because looking at my schedule versus my model completion rate shows me that nothing gets done on my models because of my work schedule...) You are excused Cliff. :(

Guest Sickfish

Ok guys got some more work done today...

Engine bays are done, no more gaps...

e357a71e.jpg

d8c3af22.jpg

Got some paint on the roofs...

cf04550c.jpg

Edited by Sickfish

Guest Sickfish

Ok guys got some Hemi O on the blocks & the air-grabbers tonight! The black strip in the pic is heatshrink tubing, used by electricians to insulate their screwdrivers etc. This stuff is pretty flexible & I'll be using it to replicate the rubber sealing around the air-grabbers. Hopefully I'll have the air filters done tommorrow ;-)

ff6a5084.jpg

a7308bf1.jpg

Sorry about takin so long to update but I had a late, busy week ;-)

Edited by Sickfish

Lookin' good! The roofs came out perfect! The engines and airgrabbers are gonna be stunning in between the inner fenders. Excellent idea on the "heat shrink!" You are doing poetic justice to these cars! Keep it up! I'm watchin' with Mopar Antisipation!! :D

Guest Sickfish

As promised guys, I got the air-grabbers & air-filters done! They're ready to install when I get to that stage ;-)

4474637e.jpg

a7a4d50c.jpg

23c69392.jpg

Cheers guys, Cliffo :-)

Edited by Sickfish