Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 80's Cadillac Fleetwood RC lowrider

jevries

I'm a dedicated builder of working lowrider models since the early '90's and I went from constructing line controled models to advanced radio controled creations.

This is one of my latest projects I'm currently working on the 80's Revell Cadillac Fleetwood turned into a working radio controled lowrider model.

It's far from finished but the basic setup works and only needs some final adjustments. I have a couple of more tricks that I want to incorporate into this model that I will show later on.

rcroller6.jpg

The rear axle consists of two pager motors with a planetary gearhead that makes the car roll back and forth.

The slingshot keeps the rear axle in place when the car goes side to side or three wheel motion.

rcroller1.jpg

rcroller4.jpg

The front has a slider setup that makes the wheels go up and down. The A-arms just move along.

rcroller3.jpg

Here's the model with all the working parts installed and hooked up to a 8 channel receiver. It moves very well and since

all the features are proportional you can adjust the up and down speeds.

rcroller14.jpg

rcroller8.jpg

rcroller7.jpg

Still lot's of work to be done like working head lights, blinkers, etc. The wheels I casted using the original Aoshima

wire wheels and still need to be chromed. The tires are downsized Pegasus 5.20's casted in urethane rubber.

When it's finished it will be one of the best creations I did so far.

For more info on my work and video of this model you can check my blog or website. BLOG

Thanks for looking! :P

1. I can't believe you've accomplished all this in 1/24.

2. Where on earth did the driver come from?

3. The choreography with the music on the video is way cool. Don't know the band - did you sync your video edit to the music or is this custom post-scored music?

Kudos. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Edited by sjordan2

Thanks guys!

The driver is one of a set that comes as Locster riders:

_wsb_720x718_locster+riders+blister+card+best+copy.jpg

They look cool but it's hard to make em fit right but you can use needles to improve that.

The music is done by a friend of mine and I always try to blend the images with the music to get the right feel.

Here's the link to the video:

• 8 months later...