Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Flintstone

Regarless of his name , the bodies he has sent to me have always been first rate . Ive always been real happy with them except when will he realize he needs to do a tail light and a licence plate bracket for the 55-7 Chevrolet panels and Surburbans . Ed Shaver

Regarless of his name , the bodies he has sent to me have always been first rate . Ive always been real happy with them except when will he realize he needs to do a tail light and a licence plate bracket for the 55-7 Chevrolet panels and Surburbans . Ed Shaver

Agreed. He also needs to correct the beck of the body where the rear fenders end. The 1:1 rolls around the corners much like te upper body does, rather than the "fins" that are on the castings. Other than that, they are exellent bodies. I'm working on a 'Burb and a Panel from him myself. I plan on correcting the 'Burb, and customizing the Panel with Cameo taillights.

Here's the thing about Jimmy. I have been hanging around the edges of the model car aftermarket since it began and Jimmy is definitely one of the most honest and

straight-shooting guys in the biz. Take that to the bank.

Unlike that other guy... what's his name? Andy Martin? :P:P:blink:

I hear he's some kind of aardvark, or something.

Jimmy is a kool guy, and we get good resin at a great price!

MYFLINTSTONE02PhotobyEricGajda-vi.jpg

Possibility of the "split personality" type? :blink:

MYFLINTSTONE14PhotobyEricGajda-vi.jpg

MYFLINTSTONE07PhotobyEricGajda-vi.jpg

Hmmmm... can't you just smell that fresh resin? :P

otorCityNNLphotobyPatRedmond01-vi.jpg

Now you gotta wipe that nose print off your screen!!! :huh::D

Last photo courtesy our own Pat Redmond!

Edited by Spyder

Let's be fair. Jimmy's products tend to need work. I have found myself spending a few hours of prep for any Flintstone body (of course I'm anal) due to the uneven interior casting. BUT, for the price, you get more than you pay for. His selection is quite wide and his style seems to fit mine. I'd love to see him at a show until I had to pay the bill. In looking at that last picture I can see at least ten bodies I'd have to buy and about ten more I'd debate on. At ten dollars each, they're a great bargain. I know of other resin casters who charge three times the price and their product is not as nice.

Mike

Guest promodmerc

I have two of his bodies.

The '06 Trans-Am Concept trans kit and the '70 something Charger Pro-Mod. The Trans am kit is nice very little flash or pin holes. The Charger is a nother story. The hood is to samll and has huge gaps and there is a large bit of resin inside one of the rear wheel wells.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much overhead on that other guy in the photo ...

Is the other guy in the pic flashing gang sighns?

I have the 6 firebird also, first time dealing with resin, with the great shape the parts came in it sure won't be my last purchase from Jimmy.

Edited by FUSIONBOY

actually, one of his bodys is/has gotten me back building after about a 5 year layoff...i've had this body for a while, got it in Toledo a hunnert years ago and just sat on the bench..painted a couple colors by this pic..i was messin with the sepia on the camera...so, just started a parts pac Caddy, one thing led to another, and now it's about 1-2 hrs worth of work to be done...anyway...

wip0206009.jpg

oh yeah, it's in on the workbench as 25/34...

Edited by weasel

I think it's him that offers the '53 Pontiac sedan delivery. That one is on my "gotta-get-it" list. I love s/ds, and Pontiacs are about my favorite. It'll also go well with a project I have in mind.

Does anyone know what chassis will work well? I'm thinking a stretched AMT '51 Chevy. The wheels and tires I can come up with easily enough.

Charlie Larkin

• 4 weeks later...

JF has always struck me as a really good guy who's passing on one of the benefits of his business accumen to his favorite hobby.

He does a lot of, ummm, lets call 'em 'high profit' items for the fringes of the 'replica market'... look at his X-rated catalog for hints... and those folks are apparently all really wealthy (or really gullible) because those prices are through the roof... I always wondered about his 'research' and 'prototype authentication' methods...

The JF entity has excellent products and the best prices in the hobby.

• 1 month later...

I have one Jimmy Flintstone body. It's '60 Chevrolet Nomad. I have only the body, everything else comes from Revell '60 Impala kit. I think that body is very good, I mean high quality. No much airbubbles and that body seems to be just like '60 Nomad, one '60 Impala in the garage so I know how does it look like. That Jimmy's body is very close and when I did some test fit, '60 Impala's chassis will fit very well to the Nomad. Only the resin is always thick mold so when I open the hood, I must sand very much resin from the other side... I think that Impala's hood isn't perfect to it. Also have to sand resin from wheel wells. Interior is a bit of problem too... When I start this project, it will be hard!

I have been looking at his products that are sold on Ebay and on his web site and he sure does offer some stuff that really appeals to me. The above mentioned '60 Nomad wagon, the '57 Ford wagon, the Dodge A100 pickup and van and a few others. I was going topost and ask for feedback as to the quality of the product but this thread has dispelled any doubt or concerns that I may have had. :lol: If nothing else, one should be able to build some nice curbside models if the work looks too difficult to really build a detailed model and for the price that he sells his car bodies for, it's still has to be a good deal. :rolleyes: I reckon I'll go ahead and place an order later this month for a couple of kits - and I see on his site that he has free shipping at this time for orders over $50.00 as long as the order is within the lower 48! You can't beat that! :lol::D

Yes, I have found some of James bodies a tad thick. But, then again, every body I have bought, only he offered that I could find and was not warped or damaged! I have found few imperfections too. I have the chopped dodge van in the waitings and I know that will make one killer vehicle. I have never bought his stuff elsewhere. I have always bought directly, quick turn around and he is always "padding" the order with something. So I always look forward to see what my surprise or surprises will be!There are few I have dealt with that have gone above and beyond. The other one is Ed Fluck. Unfortunatly I have not dealt with too many, so for the others, time hopefully will tell! LOL. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...