Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 chevy nomad

travis321

hi

well sorry for not posting in a long time. just been busy with school this whole 2 months. here is my latest project that i just got today from my local model car club. it is a revell 57 chevy nomad hot rod kit. paid $10 for it. this kit is crazy detailed. i just finshed talking apart the first step of the motor since the block was started to find that the block actualy has the crank shaft molded in it. also opeing doors,hood and trunk and hatch are an amazing detail too

this one will be painted blue with silver trim and also the inteior will be a brown or dark red

stole the headers out of the amt 55 chevy belair kit and also the tires and rims from the amt (either a 67,68 or69)camaro

anyways tons of flash and mold lines to remove but its worth the doing to build this detailed kit

anyways here some pictures

006-8.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-6.jpg

thanks for looking

travis l

Cool kit I have 57 Nomad that I'am getting ready to build. I'am going to make it a hauler for a Kyle Petty Mello Yellow #42 stock car. Its going to be painted up like the race car and I have a trailer for it to. I'll have pic soon For the start of the build. Can't wait to see more of your Nomad.

• 3 years later...

I'm not sure that kit has ever been successfully assembled. Those old Revells fought you every step of the way.

-MJS

I've built the Revell Nomad a couple of times back in the day when it was molded in cream colored off white. It was a pain in the posterior then too! When it's built right it makes a nice model. If I were to do it again the door, tailgate and hood gaps would get a bit of attention. That's one gripe with Revell's Tri-five kits, doors opened but the gaps were sometimes a bit hideous at times.

The front end is a little on the wobbly side, try closing the holes in upper and lower A-arms with some superglue and redrilling or even pinning the spindles to tighten things up a bit.

That idea for the front is brilliant and rates in the "why didn't I think of that?" category. I had this kit as a kid, I ended up getting it about 75% complete and gave up. Looking forward to see modern techniques and skills to turn this rock into a gem

Guest Johnny

Travis, how did this turn out? Love this kit, had the same exact one.

The last time Travis posted appears to have been in Feb. 2012.

I always loved this kit, built three of them years ago and don't have a one as they all were stolen with a bunch of my oldest builds in 1977.

Still looking for one not ridiculously priced to replicate the best one I had built back then.