Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Jairus Watson Artwork Challenge

Fletch

Well... no. That is a 1934 five window coupe!

This one....

32coupe2_72-vi.jpg

That '34 I already started years ago but never finished... (well duh!) :(

As for the '32 five window coupe, if anyone gets this one it is simply the "American Graffiti" Milner coupe with different wheels. A SUPER EASY build if you have the kit!

Wow, I drew a car like this on a Sunday when we were finished with everything in basic training. Same paint and wheels and same car. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not forgotten this one, just working out the engineering bits in my head and on paper. You try and find plans for a 34 woody on the internet :) I have found a few pics and I am working something out using them. I have some basswood strips and some sheets to use when I finally nail it down.

I have not forgotten this one, just working out the engineering bits in my head and on paper. You try and find plans for a 34 woody on the internet B) I have found a few pics and I am working something out using them. I have some basswood strips and some sheets to use when I finally nail it down.

Believe me Ken I fully understand, I've been out of town for training 3 out of the last 4 weeks. Needless to say there hasn't been much building of any kind going on at my bench since mid June.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this one has been done before, but it's been haunting me for the last couple of years, and now the time has come. I've ordered everything I need so I hope to get started on it in August.

Chrysler300aero72dpi-vi.jpg

Sounds like a plan to me Virgil, have fun building it.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I'm really late to ask this, but was the green with black fenders '37 Ford Pickup extended cab part of this challenge? I believe it was originally part of the sketch pad from when the '37 pickup kit was first released. I started building it when that was first published and still haven't finished it. I lost my copy of that mag and I've been looking all over for another copy of that pic/article.

Ya know I figured with some of the best and brightest workin' this challenge, I figured this would be a thread we'd see progress on very frequently. That being said, I really gotta say............

c'mon you slackers! I wanna see some eye candy! Outlaw, the pick-up is looking awesome.

Alright Jantrix-

You shamed me into it. I've been getting lazy with my posts, but in all honesty, I don't feel as there is much "Eye Candy" progress in my build.

I'll get a couple pix up in the next day or two. I've been working on the VW engine and starting the painting of the interior.

Hey- It's progress, right??

Later-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think this one has been done before, but it's been haunting me for the last couple of years, and now the time has come. I've ordered everything I need so I hope to get started on it in August.

Chrysler300aero72dpi-vi.jpg

Note to Cranky: please buy shiny black paint :rolleyes:

This is a new Jairus one to me.. and I have a 300 AND an Allison in the basement ... but the Allison is promised to a Peterbuilt hot rod, the '57 300 to a new 300 dual build and I want to see Cranky lay down that smooth black paint! :P

Edited by Foxer

Well guys. The contest was set for one-year and was announced at the 20th Pacific NW Model Fest here in Portland OR. I would expect that the judging/deadline will be same date... which is mid March 2011.

(P.S. I am working on the art for the flyers and t-shirts tonight liberally lubricated on brew and Beatles)

GET THOSE PROJECTS DONE!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Talked to my friend Stan Ulrich last night and he asked me a simple question. Where to get those cool Speed boat curved carburetor scoops?

Well... here:

P1010146-vi.jpg

Available through

Replicas & Miniatures Co of Maryland

317 Roosevelt Avenue S.W, Glen Burnie, MD 21061

410-768-3648

Give Norm a call and say: "I want #FH - 40, 1/25th Carburetor Stacks for $4.95 please!"

Tell'm Jairus sent you. B)

Edited by Jairus

• 1 month later...

Well guys. The contest was set for one-year and was announced at the 20th Pacific NW Model Fest here in Portland OR. I would expect that the judging/deadline will be same date... which is mid March 2011.

(P.S. I am working on the art for the flyers and t-shirts tonight liberally lubricated on brew and Beatles)

GET THOSE PROJECTS DONE!!!!

Actually, with the fact that the PNW Model Fest getting moved to April 10th the deadline here gets the same extension. So, instead of March 27th, we all get an additional 2 weeks for the Challenge Build.

As Jairus noted, get those builds going, we're down to aprox 2 months.

Fletch

• 2 weeks later...