Model Cars Magazine Forum

Would you like to see Revell reissue 1/16 tractor trailers?

If you would like to see Revell reissue the old Monogram 1/16 scale big rigs as seen in Casey's "Monogram's Big Rigs for '88" thread, please leave me your full name and I will include it in an email I will send to Revell around the first of June. Thanks in advance, Matthew Brownlee.

Matt,

You can add my name (what the heck): James Bongiovanni, Chittenango, NY, USA

So you know, I've posted information about this thread on an Australian model truck board. They really seem to like 1/16 over there, so I figured they'd like to know. I told them that if they weren't members here, to post their informaion there, and I'd forward it to you. Sound like a plan?

Edited by Jim B

So you know, I've posted information about this thread on an Australian model truck board. They really seem to like 1/16 over there, so I figured they'd like to know. I told them that if they weren't members here, to post their informaion there, and I'd forward it to you. Sound like a plan?

The more the better, sounds good to me!

The aussie site that that was posted on was here My link and yes, Aussie's love the 1/16th truck kits, there is a couple being built on this forum, chopped up, and modified

The biggest following would be in Western Australia, where all things are big, road trains, mines, machines, paypackets, where else can a labourer earn $120k a year working in a mine

If they where released, I would buy 10,I'm down to my last 8 but if they haven't been released by now, I have my doubts they would release them again, but never say never, stranger things have happened so

put me down

Tony Bryan

Australia

I'll join in the the list also. Years ago I bought the Pete and trailer, but sold them because I thought, "You know, they are a bit large". I purchased one of the 1/16 trailer kits to study it, taking measurements, etc. to modify and update one or more of my 1/25 Fruehauf flatbeds. Of course, having it made me want to find the Peterbilt once again. I did. I plan to make a covered wagon out of it eventually.

I have a question, though. Was the red W900 with the flattop sleeper more widely produced than the others? I can find it without even trying compared to the other 2 truck kits. I did snatch one up.

Ray DeJesus

The aussie site that that was posted on was here My link and yes, Aussie's love the 1/16th truck kits, there is a couple being built on this forum, chopped up, and modified

The biggest following would be in Western Australia, where all things are big, road trains, mines, machines, paypackets, where else can a labourer earn $120k a year working in a mine

If they where released, I would buy 10,I'm down to my last 8 but if they haven't been released by now, I have my doubts they would release them again, but never say never, stranger things have happened so

put me down

Tony Bryan

Australia

Thanks for the support, and I was always told "It never hurts to ask!"

I'll join in the the list also. Years ago I bought the Pete and trailer, but sold them because I thought, "You know, they are a bit large". I purchased one of the 1/16 trailer kits to study it, taking measurements, etc. to modify and update one or more of my 1/25 Fruehauf flatbeds. Of course, having it made me want to find the Peterbilt once again. I did. I plan to make a covered wagon out of it eventually.

I have a question, though. Was the red W900 with the flattop sleeper more widely produced than the others? I can find it without even trying compared to the other 2 truck kits. I did snatch one up.

Ray DeJesus

Ray, first thank you for supporting, and second, I don't really know if any were more widely produced. When I bought my Aerodyne in 89 or 90, I was in 8th grade! I know of the three when I have seen them on ebay, I mostly see the blue Aerodyne I had and only a few of the Petes, and only one or two of the red W900s. Maybe this means there were more of the Aerodyne, or people are just more willing to part with them over the Pete or flattop W900. We may never know!

That's weird. The W900 Aerodyne is the kit I want, but can't find. The others I have found and purchased. The trailer seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it's the only 1/16 kit I see. Other times, I never see it anywhere. That red KW was everywhere. I admit, I haven't looked in nearly a year, though.

In my younger days I built 2 of the yellow Pete 359s and the red W900a. The KW was by far the best kit. It built very well and had the extended hood. The yellow Pete had the standard 119" BBC which was a pity. The extended hood would have been great and my preferred choice. Matt Burnett is working on 1/16 parts and has made progress with the extended hood for the Pete. (He posted some details on the forum some time ago) I recently bought the W900A Aerodyne, The white Pete 359 and the Fruehauf trailer. I have finished the Detroit in 1/16 that was built for a 359 and will post details later today.

Reflecting on these large 1/16 scale trucks I love them! They are big for a plastic model and the detail is pretty good. The only problem I have found is, with them being old kits if they have not been stored properly they get bent and twisted. The hood on the W900 I have is bent and will need some work to correct the problem and the the frame rails on the Pete are that badly twisted I will probably have to make some new ones. But great kits!

Matt,

Put my name down on your list!

Best Wishes

Dave

Paul David Bates

Guest Johnny

They were just about done when I bought my 1/16 Peterbilt. I didn't have enough to get the trailer at the same time so I gave the guy at the Hobby Shop 10 bucks to hold it until the next friday! (last trailer he had)

The next Friday I showed up and he handed me back my 10 and said he had to sell it. Said two guys started badgering him to sell and one made an offer more than I was paying then they started bidding and when it stipped he said he just had to sell.

Last time I or any of my family or friends ever went to his store! :blink:

Never saw any of the kits anywhere again until I got on line in 2005! Then they were just rediculously high or were bid higher than I could dream of paying!

So I have the Pete built in an old aquarium for a case but no trailer for it.

So I have the Pete built in an old aquarium for a case but no trailer for it.

I should mention, the trailer is also going to be included in the email. We can't see about getting these reissued without having some work for them to do!! Thanks everyone for the continued support!

The Pete, Aerodyne KW and the Flatbed trailer have been re-issued several times since its original release, several times in North America, several times in Germany. I can’t remember that the low KW sleeper has ever been reissued. Incidentally, the KW low sleeper and Pete sleeper were unique for each subject, not the same style used on both models. Kudos for Revell.

Colin Grey of New Zealand offered several excellent aftermarket items for the kits. I don’t know what happened to Colin Grey or the molds. But this has been brought up on another thread on this board.

The Pete, Aerodyne KW and the Flatbed trailer have been re-issued several times since its original release, several times in North America, several times in Germany. I can’t remember that the low KW sleeper has ever been reissued. Incidentally, the KW low sleeper and Pete sleeper were unique for each subject, not the same style used on both models. Kudos for Revell.

Colin Grey of New Zealand offered several excellent aftermarket items for the kits. I don’t know what happened to Colin Grey or the molds. But this has been brought up on another thread on this board.

Add me as well

Rick Bowerman

Carthage, Mo

The Pete, Aerodyne KW and the Flatbed trailer have been re-issued several times since its original release, several times in North America, several times in Germany. I can’t remember that the low KW sleeper has ever been reissued.

The last I ever remember seeing these kits was 20 years ago here in the states. That was in 1988, the ones Casey posted this pic with in his thread:

BigRigs1.jpg

I had the blue one and the flatbed as a teenager and lost it in a house fire in 1997, and have been trying to replace it ever since, but can NOT pay the huge $250-$500 prices I have seen these sell for on ebay! Even kits with no frames and missing half the kit sell for over $100-$150, but they also do me no good. That is why I started this thread to see if they could be reissued. I know Revell still must have some of these old molds, about a year or two ago Revell AG reissued another of my old favorites that I was trying to replace from the fire, this 1/87 Scale train that was an old Monogram snap kit.

HPIM1711.jpg

This is another I had not seen for oveer 20 years!

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support.

Please add my name to the list! I'd love to have the KW Aerodyne and actually bid on one not too long ago but, of course, got out bid. If they were re-issued, I'd get all three tractors and a trailer for each.

Mike Winn

Albuquerque, NM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, Matt, what's the status on this? Did you ever send that letter? If you did, what sort of a response did you get?

Thanks Jim for bringing this topic back up, because the status is, uh, I forgot about it! :lol::) I will see how many names I've got to add to it, and since this has been unburied, maybe a few more names can be added to the list! I also have this posted on the SA site as well, I'll have to see how many names I got from there as well, and maybe revive it there to see if any more will add on there, too. Thanks again, Jim, and I'll give everyone an update by this weekend.