Model Cars Magazine Forum

Would you like to see Revell reissue 1/16 tractor trailers?

Don't forget the Fruehauf trailer when you request NEW model 1/16th scale kits!

2qtafro.jpg

I was going to include the trailer, too, Chucky. I forgot to mention that in the first post of the thread, but did say I would include the trailer in post #18. After all, if this works, what good are the trucks with no trailer for them to pull! ;)

wow,the flatbed looks just like the amt 1/25 scale kit. MICHAEL COLE, gadsden alabama.

You're correct, Michael, it is just like AMT's 1/25, and that's because both are Freuhaufs.

Thank you to everyone that has added their names, and since Jim put some new life in the old thread, thanks again Jim, maybe we'll get even more names!

wow,the flatbed looks just like the amt 1/25 scale kit. MICHAEL COLE, gadsden alabama.

The AMT and Monogram trailers are excellent representatives of 1970s Fruehauf subjects, the Monogram being a newer style. The difference between the two is that the AMT kit has a sliding suspension carriage and the the Monogram kit has a more heavy duty non adjustable suspension. Both are blueprint accurate. My only beef with the Monogram kit is that it is a scale 38 feet. I would have preferred it to be a scale 45 feet.

When the 1/16th scale kits were being reissued in the early 1990s, the trailer was more common at the hobby shops. Now the trailer has become some what of a rarity. I agree, after completing the trailer, where would you display it? It's over 2 feet long!

Really outstanding kits, typical of Monogram back then: easy to build & very life like when completed..the boxtop pictures were really stunning :1980 Pete 359, 1981 KW W900, 1982 KW W900 Aerodyne + Flatbed trl ...'82 or '83.

Still remember when I bought my "Giant" Pete 359 kit back in 1980 at local K-Mart for $15.99.

The W900 Aerodyne & Fruhauf Flatbed both last reissued back in 1995 in Rev/Mon SSP program...at pretty reasonable prices back then.

All the 3; 1/16th scale Tractors + the flatbed trailer, were also reissued by Revell AG (Germany) for Euro market with totally different boxes & (cheesy!)decals back in the late 90's.

...Pete 359 in original 1980 box/yellow version would also be nice :D

• 2 weeks later...

I know I promised an update sooner than this, but I've been very busy lately, so much so that I haven't even done any more on my Ford LTL 9000 build for about a month. Anyway, I just went through the names both here and also where I have this posted on SA's forum as well, and there are about 45 names so far on the list. I will continue to take names until Labor Day weekend, Sept 6, 2010. I will then send the email to Revell during the week following, sometime before Sept. 11, 2010. Anyone who has not already added their name and would like to see these kits possibly reissued, please add you name to the list. Thanks again to everyone for their support! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, anything happening with this?

Jim, I'm very happy you have a better memory than I do! :rolleyes: The C.R.S. kicked in again, and I totally forgot about it AGAIN! I wrote myself a little note this time so I don't forget again, and I will get the names gathered from both sites I have this listed on and get an email to Revell ASAP. Sorry I've been dropping the ball on this. :D

• 1 month later...

Mathew

Really no point chasing this up, They don't have the moulds anymore, I believe they where sold to a RC company back in the 90's sometime, and if they where going to re release them it would have been done by now,

The RC company did release a couple of RC trucks, but these are no longer made either, I have a feeling that they have gone belly up, what happened to the moulds from there is anyones guess

Dave

You have seen the Henrickson HT300 suspension, that I have done, now I have done the true Alcoa to suit the Monogram rims, and working on the HAS460 suspension at the moment,

Have also just started a new COE conversion to suit the W900 kit, the model I will keep a secret till it is ready for mock up, but I think it will be worth while

I am also looking for drawings or information on a Pete 362 if anyone has it B)

368d0470.jpg

• 10 months later...