Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clear Coat

Evening, I just got done putting decals on a model I'm building. I would like to ask a question. I use Tamyia clear coat (i have no clue on how to polish the model once I do this) But my question is, IS THERE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME I SHOULD WAIT AFTER PUTTING THE DECALS ON BEFORE I SPRAY THE CLEAR COAT ON?. Only once have I had the decals crackle under the clear coat did not know why until I read it on here. A friend says I should wait 3-4 days!. Thank you! Will,

24 hours is usually sufficient. The crackling decals was from a reaction between the paint and the ink/carrier film of the decals. Always try spraying the clear over a spare decal first.

No technical explannation. Just wait a few days....what is the hurry. For every application you make on anything...it does not hurt to wait awhile until the next is applied. I am sure I will catch something from this! Thats ok with me. Its just model car building.....dont take the fun out of it !! Its for you !!

• 2 weeks later...

Will

Are you spraying TS13 or airbrushing the acrylic? 24 hours is usually enough time for them to dry....but time will always help

If you are using the acrylic Tamiya look into Future...brushed on (yes!!!) a couple of coats will give you a deep gloss w/o polishing

here is a future link.....http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html