Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Ford F-250

I thought when I read one of the posts in my email notification, someone mentioned the "Custom" interior option, but now I can't find it! Anyway, if anyone would need pics of the "Custom" interior, let me know, my dually is a "Custom" trim truck, and I would be glad to give you some reference pics, I may add them to my reference thread as well as the diesel engine.

I have the brochure from '88 which has all three interiors in it. :lol:

Here it is for anyone who wants it: http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/ford/88ftruck/88ftruck.html

I have the brochure from '88 which has all three interiors in it. :D

Here it is for anyone who wants it: http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/ford/88ftruck/88ftruck.html

I just checked the link you posted, NICE! If it wasn't for the fact it was an 88 brochure and my truck is a 90, the red tow truck in the chaasis cab pic could have been mine! That's what my truck started life as before the standard dually bed was put on by the previous onwer.

Another build option is do it up a single cab 4x2, Custom trim and a 300 I-6 backed by a 5 speed manual. A friend of my dad's had one just like this, but his was 4x4. Yep, you heard right, an F-250 4x4 with a SIX!

I think Ken Kitchen does a 300 I-6 in resin.

Yep, body is the same. The 2WD front suspension is also close enough to work. For the rear, swap out the Dana 60 for a modified Ford 8.8 (Revell foxbody?) and instant F-150.

Casey, you are right and wrong. The body is the same for all trucks, no matter if it is 150, 250, 350, or Superduty (which would be the F450 in todays models), the only difference between them all is the front fender emblems. The 2WD front suspension, though maybe a little stouter on the F250, visually will work for the F150. The Ford 8.8 or Ford 9 inch would both work for the F150, also. The area where you are wrong is the rear axle supplied in the kit, it is not a Dana 60, but a Ford 10.25 unit. That is what is in my 1:1 F350, and I have compared this picture to the kit axle, the kit piece is an exact match.

HPIM1536.jpg

Don't feel bad though, I thought it was a Dana 60 both in the kit and real truck until I researched it more!

I figured I had a 50/50 chance on the rear axle. Here, I thought my 1:1 '85 F-250 had the 10.25, but lo and behold it's a Dana 70. I never really looked in depth to thie kit axle, just knew it was some type of HD unit. Either way, an 8.8 for a factory stock replica, 9in otherwise. I believe Ford went to the 8.8 in 84 or 85, but I'm not 100% sure.

I figured I had a 50/50 chance on the rear axle. Here, I thought my 1:1 '85 F-250 had the 10.25, but lo and behold it's a Dana 70. I never really looked in depth to thie kit axle, just knew it was some type of HD unit. Either way, an 8.8 for a factory stock replica, 9in otherwise. I believe Ford went to the 8.8 in 84 or 85, but I'm not 100% sure.

You were thinking the way I was on the 1:1 axles, Casey! When I was downloading the pics in the 1:1 Truck Reference, I just happened to have the kit open and checked it against the 1:1 in mine. I checked my Haynes repair manual, it didn't specify years, but it said the 8.8, 9 inch, Dana (didn't specify model, I assume 60 and 70) and the 10.25 were all used in the F series from 1980-1996, but didn't say what was in what models.

B) I just wish they'd tossed in a new set of 8-bolt XLT full wheel covers for this, but I'll probably still be buying a few of these. As far as I can tell- the seat isn't the right one for the Super Cab- the seat looks more like a regular cab piece to me. Then again, I'm no expert on the '87-'91 generation of this body style, so maybe I have no room to comment on that! This is one of Monogram's best efforts, IMO!

B) I just wish they'd tossed in a new set of 8-bolt XLT full wheel covers for this, but I'll probably still be buying a few of these. As far as I can tell- the seat isn't the right one for the Super Cab- the seat looks more like a regular cab piece to me. Then again, I'm no expert on the '87-'91 generation of this body style, so maybe I have no room to comment on that! This is one of Monogram's best efforts, IMO!

Yeah, I think the Supercab and Crew cabs came with the flat topped bench seats. Funny thing though is that I just figured out that the rear seat in the kit is supposed to be folded down! I was wondering why it didn't look like any seat that I've ever seen. ;)

As far as I can tell- the seat isn't the right one for the Super Cab- the seat looks more like a regular cab piece to me.

Yeah, I think the Supercab and Crew cabs came with the flat topped bench seats. Funny thing though is that I just figured out that the rear seat in the kit is supposed to be folded down! I was wondering why it didn't look like any seat that I've ever seen. :D

I think it's more a trim level option rather than super or regular cab option, Chuck. I my 1:1 regular cab Custom trim truck has a bench with no headrests.

Edited by highway

• 2 years later...

Are these the "bloated" ex-GT Radial tires? I received a few in a parts lot and noticed they were considerably, um, chubbier(?) than both the originals with lettering and later blank sidewall versions.

• 3 months later...

I see there are two batteries under the hood. Now maybe this was an option with some camper edition or something, I just know that I had this cab style in 87 and it had the 6.9 Liter diesel and the two batteries, so this would be a good cab to use as a start for a model with a diesel engine in it. I think it is time someone comes up with one

• 3 weeks later...

I see there are two batteries under the hood. Now maybe this was an option with some camper edition or something, I just know that I had this cab style in 87 and it had the 6.9 Liter diesel and the two batteries, so this would be a good cab to use as a start for a model with a diesel engine in it. I think it is time someone comes up with one

Not sure where you are seeing that- out-of-box the kit has one battery- on the passenger's side, with the coolant/washer solvent tank on the opposite. If you wanted to model a dual-battery truck you'd need to relocate the tank and put a second battery in its place. That's basically what Ford did on the diesels. Sucky part is, being a Monogram kit, both the battery and tank are molded to the inner fender/core support structure.

I've seen a couple of gas-powered F-series trucks from this body style with dual batteries as well, but I can't tell you for sure if Ford offered dual batteries on gas powered trucks or if those were owner-installed setups.

I heard Ma's Resin was working on a 7.3 IH/Ford diesel, but I don't think it's available for sale yet.