Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prius Model Kit - Preorders taken

If I had a dime for each Prius I see on the road, I would be much wealthier than I am now! Ever notice we start noticing the (1:1) car you just bought? They were there all along, they just don't get noticed. Didn't have much interest in them before owning one. This may not apply to wealthy people who can actually afford to buy the cars you lust for.

Maybe some don't notice cars like the Prius because they just don't care for them? I don't want one, but I would like my wife to get one... she has a 1/2 hour one way commute each day. I also don't buy into this 'disdain' that some seem to have against the car, nor any pre-conceived notions why people buy them. Yet if I did, I would say perhaps they just want to save some $$$ at the pump? I don't think that is much different than most of us.

dont mean to start a verbal fight here, while stuck on traffic, i see alot more prius flying by in the carpool lane than anyother make surrounding me. sold in more than 40 countries, start making in 1997 by 2008 reached 1 million sold, by 2010 1.8 million units. think about the innovation and the impact of our driving habit from this hybrid. ok i bit my own tongue, may not be #1, but not "by long shot"

i myself a muscle car builder too, but just look at trend of our local model industry, keep on re-issuing is not only wasting plastic, but also humiliating myself if i continue buying the virtually identical product period.

About the only time I ever see muscle cars IRL is at car shows. In the daily 50 mile round trip freeway grind I see many Priuses and a lot of FWD generics--Corollas, Camrys, Civics, Versas, Accords, Altimas... the occasional Cobalt, Malibu, lots of SUVs and trucks. I don't like small FWD cars IRL, but in scale, they add flavor.

I'll probably get the Prius kit, it would be fun to have...I like having a diverse collection of kits.

Edited by Rob Hall

About the only time I ever see muscle cars IRL is at car shows. In the daily 50 mile round trip freeway grind I see many Priuses and a lot of FWD generics--Corollas, Camrys, Civics, Versas, Accords, Altimas... the occasional Cobalt, Malibu, lots of SUVs and trucks. I don't like small FWD cars IRL, but in scale, they add flavor.

I'll probably get the Prius kit, it would be fun to have...I like having a diverse collection of kits.

You forgot Kia's

Rodney, since it appears that you bought 3 of them? any chance you can pop the lid on one and do a little review of the contents?

Dave

Had to make sure I got'em b-4 the recall :D

Pics

Body is Very Crisply molded along with the rest of it

P9020001.jpg

Looks Perty Sportie now don't it?? :D

P9020003.jpg

P9020004.jpg

P9020006.jpg

P9020007.jpg

P9020009.jpg

Edited by Zukiholic

Lower buckets and console molded to the floor? Sad. Ditto on the bucket style interior, as the new normal is separate sides. Not exactly the type of car to tweak with dark tint windows to hide these shortcuts. Still, better than nothing.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to whoever will take offence at my bumping an old thread, but...

The Facebook video game called CarTown just came out with a Prius this week...and I made the exact car that I said I would model way back when this thread was new!

There is no way I'm going to spend money on a Prius, but a digital version...oh yeah! I think if I had a real one it would be slightly more legible, doing this with the Car Town paint program- not easy.

165630_1759357273681_1531522572_31854223_4811244_n.jpg

AlGoresRevenge-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey... did somebody say "hideously ugly" and was there mention of a Nissan Juke? How about a kit of THAT???? Or an Isuzu Vehicross? Yes, I'd buy either of those in kit form, and yes, I'm being dead serious. I'd even consider a Nissan Cube...

Nissan Cube- Check (btw: love the looks of the Japanese version. The US version, not soo much)

Isuzu VehiCross- Check

Toyota Prius- Check, check aaaand Check :lol::D

Yup, I'm covered :lol:

Say what ya will (it is a free country after all) I don't (and won't) own a Prius but

the newer ones (to me)look better than the older ones.

But I'll just keep my Scion xD that gets 30+mpg (if I keep my foot out of it :lol:)

Edited by Zukiholic

You all do know that the Prius is one of the worst cars for manufacturing pollution in the world right. It's not even all that great at mileage. Anyone remember the Top Gear test? or the tests Road and Track did? Seems like the only people claiming the Prius is such and environmental car is Toyota and the yuppies that only believe what the media tells them.

Hey... did somebody say "hideously ugly" and was there mention of a Nissan Juke? How about a kit of THAT???? Or an Isuzu Vehicross? Yes, I'd buy either of those in kit form, and yes, I'm being dead serious. I'd even consider a Nissan Cube...

I would love to get my hands on a Juke kit, I think it would have possibilities to mod it nicely. I also want a kit of the Scion Xb, I had one for 6 yrs.