Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pacific nose coversion

Thanks for the info Dan. I had pretty much figured this particular truck had a scratchbuilt nose, as it says that on the slip in the photo. I was more wondering if anyone was doing the nose in resin, and maybe hoping to spark some interest in someone doing it. Really nice build your friend did, by the way.

Thats a SFA Paystar, with a "weight-watcher" fiberglass hood.

Is the grill surround on this hood the same width as the one in the kit? It looks like the grill itself is about the same width, but the surround is maybe about 3" narrower? Then you cut the "INTERNATIONAL" badge off the top of the grill and move it down into the top of the grill itself, so its flush across the top? Do you have any photos of the top of the hood?

Edited by falcongeorge

Thanks for the info Dan. I had pretty much figured this particular truck had a scratchbuilt nose, as it says that on the slip in the photo. I was more wondering if anyone was doing the nose in resin, and maybe hoping to spark some interest in someone doing it. Really nice build your friend did, by the way.

I am a resin caster of model truck parts. Some fellow modellers did ask Claude if he would let me replicate it in resin. I know there is some intrest with this conversion kit.

However he did not wish to do it to preserve his unique build. That is correct too. Enjoy his unique build.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Yeah, I have an engineering book from IH on it. They moved the front axle foreward 18", the grill was mounted to the rad, so, it remained stationary when the hood tilted. I copy some pics and post them.

Thanks Cargostar. You seem to be the "go-to" guy for binder info.

Edited by falcongeorge

I am a resin caster of model truck parts. Some fellow modellers did ask Claude if he would let me replicate it in resin. I know there is some intrest with this conversion kit.

However he did not wish to do it to preserve his unique build. That is correct too. Enjoy his unique build.

Are you the Plaskit guy?

I heard of Plaskit and seen some of his parts in builds, but can never find anything online. How can I see some of the parts Daniel offers? I know where to find Porky's items, but not Daniel's. I would like to see some of his products as well!

If you send him an email (a PM here might work too) he will email you a rather extensive listing of goodies.

I'm pretty sure I have seen a resin Pacific cab or nose (don't recall which) on ebay, but it has been quite a while, and was probably an old casting in someone's stash, not a current item. The reason it stands out to me is because I had to look up Pacific not being familiar with the truck.

Someone used to do a cab conversion for a Pacific, but IIRC it was the Pacific steel cab, not the international cab, and it was for one of the more heavy-duty off-road models. Pacific started using the International cab on some trucks in the 1970s, with the Pacific cab as an option.

I heard of Plaskit and seen some of his parts in builds, but can never find anything online. How can I see some of the parts Daniel offers? I know where to find Porky's items, but not Daniel's. I would like to see some of his products as well!

Yes I am Daniel Gailloux from Plaskit. I do not have a web site to sell my resin parts at this time I have been using only my email address to sell my resin part on the web. I did open an Ebay store almost 2 months ago and starting slowly getting to know all the Ebay screens. I will be opening a web site later this year. For the time being I did upload pictures to a photobucket account that alows my customer to see my resin parts. Here is the link to my photobucket account:

My link

Look for files that start with Plaskit for photos of my resin parts and I also uploaded scans of my catalogue in JPEG format.

I also uploaded pictures of real trucks, truck manufacturer brochures, and my models trucks and pictures of shows I attended.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

I can also be contacted at this email address: plaskit_resin@yahoo.ca

Someone used to do a cab conversion for a Pacific, but IIRC it was the Pacific steel cab, not the international cab, and it was for one of the more heavy-duty off-road models. Pacific started using the International cab on some trucks in the 1970s, with the Pacific cab as an option.

Do you mean this one: Pacific P-10? That thing looks like a real beast! Too bad it's out of production.

Yes I am Daniel Gailloux from Plaskit. I do not have a web site to sell my resin parts at this time I have been using only my email address to sell my resin part on the web. I did open an Ebay store almost 2 months ago and starting slowly getting to know all the Ebay screens. I will be opening a web site later this year. For the time being I did upload pictures to a photobucket account that alows my customer to see my resin parts. Here is the link to my photobucket account:

My link

Look for files that start with Plaskit for photos of my resin parts and I also uploaded scans of my catalogue in JPEG format.

I also uploaded pictures of real trucks, truck manufacturer brochures, and my models trucks and pictures of shows I attended.

Thank you, Daniel. I will check the pics out!

Do you mean this one: Pacific P-10? That thing looks like a real beast! Too bad it's out of production.

Yup, thats it. And yes, those things are real beasts! LOL! Maybe I am bias because I grew up in BC, but I think the NW has by far the coolest trucks of anywhere else. You have have those Michigan centipedes,Pacifics & Hayes are REAL trucks!

My link

WOW! Some great contest photos in there as well Daniel! Nice and big too. Good stuff. I am gonna try to round up some reference material & take a run at the Pacific nose.