Model Cars Magazine Forum

willys gasser pick-up

doomcrew

ok, i managed to do some more building despite my ailment.

these pics show the installation of the valves and wheel nuts along with the axle finally mounted. the wheel nuts along with the nuts holding the axle in place are made from steel, and easy to get at when dropped, as i have a magnetic swarf grabber. the tyre valves however, are aluminium, and if they get lost, well................

DSCF6200.jpg

DSCF6201.jpg

DSCF6202.jpg

DSCF6203.jpg

DSCF6204.jpg

DSCF6206.jpg

thanks for tuning in.

steve

thanks guys.

the engine is now in place, and i have added an oil dipstick and the starter motor. you can just see that i secured the engine with a couple of bolts that go through the mounts and in to the mounts on the chassis.

DSCF6208.jpg

DSCF6213.jpg

thanks for tuning in. :D :D

steve

I'm gonna have to check into the local Railroad Hobby Shops around here and see if I can find these scale nutz and bolts as I see more and more modellers using them!

This build is absolutely going to be gorgous when you are done. The attention to detail is TOP NOTCH! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see more!!! :unsure:

Steve,

That gasser is lookin' good! I have had gassers on the mind here lately.

I'm gonna have to check into the local Railroad Hobby Shops around here and see if I can find these scale nutz and bolts as I see more and more modellers using them!

This build is absolutely going to be gorgous when you are done. The attention to detail is TOP NOTCH! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to see more!!! :wub:

Jason,

RB Motion is where Steve got his small hardware from. Here is a link to his Ebay page if you want to contact him or keep an eye out for a listing.

http://myworld.ebay.com/rbmotion

Here is another place to get the small nuts and bolts in brass or stainless steel as well as scale brass rivets.

http://www.scalehardware.com/

Edited by mountaindewd

thanks guys.

i'm currently working on scratchbuilding the front springs.

the bolts i used were from hiroboy (www.hiroboy.com) and i know the ones from scale hardware also have threaded bolts and unthreaded.

thanks for including the links mountaindewd.

steve :lol::D

Steve,

That gasser is lookin' good! I have had gassers on the mind here lately.

Jason,

RB Motion is where Steve got his small hardware from. Here is a link to his Ebay page if you want to contact him or keep an eye out for a listing.

http://myworld.ebay.com/rbmotion

Here is another place to get the small nuts and bolts in brass or stainless steel as well as scale brass rivets.

http://www.scalehardware.com/

I second a Thank You for the links!! I was lookin' around on the net as well for other places and also found this one. They are Pro Tech Model and Railroad Parts.

http://protechmodelparts.com/

Pretty cool places. Thanx again! :)

Mr Sauber, that's an awesome looking Pro-mod. are the wheels from MAS?

the chassis now has four wheels. :wub:;) you may notice that there is a nut missing from the right front wheel, i lost one. i will have to get another set, but i have a project that only needs nuts for the rear wheels.

DSCF6230-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF6231-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF6232-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF6233-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF6234-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

still got the steering and shocks to do, before i turn my attentions to the body.

steve

Steve,

Yeah...Jeff's stuff is pretty much "off the hook!"

Yours is looking really fine, too!!

This thing has just the right stance for a gasser!!

Have you figured out how big of a hole you'll have to make in the hood? ;)

I had to move the opening in the hood slightly on mine because of the different engine and chassis I used.

Later,

HOLY SMOKES! That Pro Mod Engine I thought was real for a second!

Steve that Willys is comin' along beautifully like a well executed symphony! I'm lovin' each update as it's getting better and better! Can't wait to see more! You are doin' awesome even with an ailment! Keep at it, your doin' awesome! B)

thanks raul, i have the opening roughly how i want it, but once i have the body in its final position then i can decide.

have you got pics on line placement for the twin oil filter?

thanks tumbler. you know what? i thought it was real to, 'till i looked again.

Looks great. With all that detail, might I suggest these for shocks.

http://www.rbmotion.com/shocks.html

shock-pic.jpg

thanks dwc43, i do have a set of those shocks, from e-bay and i am in the middle of sorting the shocks out, but it may not be the r b motion ones. B):D

steve

thanks dwc43, i do have a set of those shocks, from e-bay and i am in the middle of sorting the shocks out, but it may not be the r b motion ones. B):D

steve

No problem, just a thought. I'm going to use them on my project I want to finish in the near future and when I read that post, they just came to mind and thought I share. Great work, puts me to shame, but I'm learning with help and inspiration from this site.

thanks raul...have you got pics on line placement for the twin oil filter? ...

Here's the best one I could find of my model.

43WillysPickup11-vi.jpg

Here's a picture of a HEMI short block. The green arrow points to where the oil filter normally goes.

ShortBlock.JPG

Basically, the oil filter adapter for remote lines is bolted to the block.

Later,

Edited by Raul_Perez

...i better make the adapter plate before i put the headers on. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Actually, I just drilled the holes for the tubing in mine. Once the engine is mounted in the frame, you really can't see between the headers and the starter where the plate would be...