Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Car Drawings(UPDATED (08/12/10)

B_rad88

hey guys, i finally got pics of some of my old drawings i did when i was 13-15yo. i hope you guys like them, let me know what you think!

one of my early ones: ferrari styled:

100_2114.jpg

i did this right after bentley released the gt coupe: and then a couple of years later after i did the drawing, bentley releases the 'vert.

100_2123.jpg

i did this off of modified iroc-z:

100_2117.jpg

this was a quick sketch done during class on a pic i have seen, and yes those are ferrari 360 modena rims:

100_2119.jpg

and ere is another skyline i did:

100_2118.jpg

here is a random i did from a '82 corvette rear:

100_2124.jpg

and more to come!!!!!

Edited by B_rad88

well here is more:

here is a my take on a modern retro cuda:

100_2116.jpg

and my take on my supercar, i guess, lol. i really like the style and shape of it:

100_2115.jpg

a more modern style porsche 914 with a subbie wrx sti engine in it:

100_2120.jpg

here is a porsche 914 with a modern styled racing body kit: (also note the more thinner smoothed hardtop and the reshaped-rounded door too, and the bubble fenders)

100_2121.jpg

and here is a original porsche 914, with a racing style body kit: (my take on a racing body kit, with fender flares not like the fender bubble on the modern styled one)

100_2122.jpg

i hope you guys like them all, let me know what you think!

Edited by B_rad88

You have some good ideas. Side views are good since you can use circle templates or compases for wheels and tires (probibly one of the hardest parts. At least for me). Keep at it. You never know where it will take you.

You have some good ideas. Side views are good since you can use circle templates or compases for wheels and tires (probibly one of the hardest parts. At least for me). Keep at it. You never know where it will take you.

thank you, and all of them where done free hand, no tools or anything used, i did use some pics as reff pics for some of my ideas, but other than that, they are done free hand. lol and yeah, my problem still to this day is drawing rims, i can't get them proper, so i usally never draw them, lol. thank you, and thats true. i would like to take a couple of those drawings and make them in model form, but that would be a little hard.

ok, here is some more i found..........

i based this crx drawing on blue-prints, but im making my own body kit for it, so i can do one on a model.

100_2132.jpg

oh, i also done thise one when i was 13,

100_2129.jpg

100_2130.jpg

100_2131.jpg

this one was done in pen, and it was also a quick sketch, it is based on my AMT gmc sonoma kit with the extreme body,

100_2128.jpg

this one is also done in pen, this took me a long time to do, 3-4months, and its still not finished, but im not messing with it again.

100_2126.jpg

this one is also done in pen, and it was a quick sketch, i had an idea of a aftermarket front bumper for the suzuki swift, this is all i got to so far.......

100_2125.jpg

and this one....... its pencil, but i have been working on this one since i was 17, and its still not finished, alot of mistakes i got to fix on it now,

100_2127.jpg

well thats all of them so far, i hope you guys like them, let me know what you think.

Edited by B_rad88

This is cool old school drawing. I have a lot of old ones like this from when I was younger. I never used tools either. I could never get the handle of a compass I do it with short strokes. I like that Skyline truck and the Iroc-z the most however I give you props on the angle you have on Suzuki. That is a very hard angle to obtain! The Jag looks great!.. And the CRX... I am impressed most though with that Suzuki front angle. I can't capture that no matter how hard I try. I'll have to dig out my old stuff see if you like it. Most of mine is concept though

This is cool old school drawing. I have a lot of old ones like this from when I was younger. I never used tools either. I could never get the handle of a compass I do it with short strokes. I like that Skyline truck and the Iroc-z the most however I give you props on the angle you have on Suzuki. That is a very hard angle to obtain! The Jag looks great!.. And the CRX... I am impressed most though with that Suzuki front angle. I can't capture that no matter how hard I try. I'll have to dig out my old stuff see if you like it. Most of mine is concept though

thank you. and ok, thank you lol, i still have to fix the roof on that swift, i didn't do it right with that view. and ok, cool.

Really nice work Brandon! Very realistic. My favorite is the XJ220 and the graphic art picture. The graphic art actually has inspired me to do some!

thank you, i did the xj220 off and on for a year, i finished it when i was 14. and cool, lol, my friend says he wants a tattoo of it, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...