Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Wraith" Corvette

that looks like early 80s back on that with the way the tail lights are so any corvette i would believe from 1983 to 90 would work i could be wrong but it does look like a freind of mines in the back he has a 85.but they had that style of tail light and bumper section.i want to get that trans am out of that movie its always been my favorite car.but any 80s style probley would do.on ebay and i know that isnt a reliable source to get thing sat times but there was a few on in the buy it now section i think they were going from 5 to 100 for that kind.or maybe try go moteor bids-www.gomotorbids.com they might have something they are another auction site.model round up had some that were decent priced also.

LSU, I would use this kit as a starting point:

HPIM1866.jpg

Testors also made a 1980 Corvette that has the correct front fender turn signal,

HPIM1869.jpg

but this appears to me as if it is a modified snap kit and is not very well detailed. The rear bumper appears to be a 83 to 87-88 Vette rear bumper, and the front fender turn signals could also be used from that era Vette. The headlights could be sourced from a 77-78 Trans Am. The rear spoiler appears to me like it may be a 82 to 89 Trans Am (like KITT from Knight Rider) rear spoiler.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a picture that should settle the issue. This is a tunnel-back C3 ('68-'77) not a bubble-back ('78-'82). If you look under the louvers, you can see the sail panels.

post-972-12733637644237_thumb.jpg

Here are the suggestions I made in your other thread about this car:

From what I can tell, here's what you're going to need to pull this off:

1) AMT Eckler's Corvette for front fender flares (slight modifications needed) and headlight buckets.

2) 1980-1982 MPC Corvette for the nose piece. The Dragon Vette, which MPC labels as a 1982, will have this as well as the rear window louvers.

3) The rear end cap is definitely from a C4 ('84-96). MPC made a bunch of them and they're generally fairly cheap, so finding a match for this shouldn't be difficult.

4) Rear spoiler could probably be made from the one in the '69 Cougar, or make it yourself (huge sag in middle optional)

5) You're on you own when it comes to the hood. Maybe one of the resin casters has one.