Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question for Monkeyclaw.

Matt,

I see on your web site you have a needle nose Kenworth Cab and hood. Would this be a Kenworth from the 1960's? The reason why I ask is that I am thinking of building an old model Kenworth from the 1950's The one with the single external headlights and butterfly hood. Do you have any plans for producing the older Kenworth or could I modify your existing needle nose version.

Many Thanks

Dave Bates

Dave; the needle nose variant I have done represents 1957-1963 style; you could modifythat bonnet; but there are substanital differences in the fender shapes between the two models of truck from that era...so it's a "toss up" ...but if you are into the oldies; I have just finished up both single and tandem drive torsion bar rear suspension setups for the old KW's....just did some test shots today...and they look pretty good....I will get them uploaded to my site this week...feel free to email me off board anytime monkeyclaw62@aol.com matt

Dave; no problem, I have had thoughts of doing a couple more "vintage" trucks; but I don't think I am going to get to them until late spring/early summer. I had to switch gears, so to speak, so I can focus on a couple of CAR projetcs for resin casting....well , one of them is sort of a truck....a mid 1960's mini cooper sedan deliovery body & chassis for use with the Tamiya 24th scale kits...not something that will do well here in the U.S. but I think the guys in the U.K. and Canada will really like it..........matt

• 10 years later...

Matt, do you have any butterfly hood conversion kits still available? I'm working on an early 60s KW and cannot for the life of me find one.

Matt

Do you have an web site ?

I truly hate to post this reply but Matt is no longer with us. He passed away back in early 2016 as I recall.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1005203342861387&id=275972212451174

Edited by Modeltruckbuilder

You can check with Dave over at AITM.  He used to list the Illini Replicas Kenworth 900 cabs on his site, but I don't see them now.  He might still offer them.

Call Bob direct at 815-469-4410. He lists a 55, a 59 and a 60 KW narrow nose. He doesn't have a website and only accepts checks or money orders. Great guy to deal with.