Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volvo N-10 by Ertl

Does anyone out there know anything about this kit? All I know it comes with a diecast frame, axles, and fifth wheel. The kit seems to be complete. I think I can get it for a song and I can't sing very well. Asking price is 4 bucks. Thanks, Larry

Does anyone out there know anything about this kit? All I know it comes with a diecast frame, axles, and fifth wheel. The kit seems to be complete. I think I can get it for a song and I can't sing very well. Asking price is 4 bucks. Thanks, Larry

Hey Larry

Those older ertl kits were nice, they made the volvo and a pete that both had the diecast chassis, nice kits. If you like the volvo you can't beat that price, that kit most of the time is in the 30.00 + range sometimes alot higher on evil-bay. If you dont want it I would be interested in it. Would trade a few car kits for it.

Remember seeing the N10 ERTL kit in LHS back in 1983-84, ERTL introduced back then The Pete 359 (road & drag versions) & the Volvo kit with metal frames, the Pete 359 was pretty average (AMT's & Revell's 359's where much better).

The Volvo was a bit better...but could not figure why back then an "Euro" truck was made by ERTL!!!...was expecting the

brand new generation Transtar COE... anyway the kit is not bad at all, true that the spokes are really nice + nobody made an N10 in 1/24-25 plastic kit, not even Italeri.(1/32 snapper based on this kit will be made by AMT later). Nice kit.

...but could not figure why back then an "Euro" truck was made by ERTL!!!...was expecting the brand new generation Transtar COE...

Good question. The kit was adequate. It had minimum detail even for that time. It was more popular among Euro model truck builders.

I thought the N-10s were sold in the states? I know they were here in Canada...

In 1978 Volvo introduced the N10 into North American (US and Canada). Years later the N12 was introduced with a more powerful engine. The N series in North American was a rare site indeed.

Edited by chuckyr