Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '70 Dodge Challenger

Captain Obvious

I picked this one up about a month ago, and just wrapped it up last night. It is built as a resto-mod of sorts, it's an R/T with modified T/A stripes along the sides (the "T/A" on each side is covered up with scrap black decal film - more visible in pics than in person B) ). Paint is Testors One-Touch Lime Ice lacquer, with Testors Wet-Look Clear. Wheels and tires were salvaged from a Hemi 'Cuda diecast I had sitting on the shelf, and the wheels were detail-painted. I didn't like the appearance of the kit's rectangular exhaust tips, so I cut off some round tips from aluminum tubing. There are scratchbuilt seatbelts, but sadly, I forgot to take a pic of the interior before final assembly. :( I also assembled and painted the T/A hood, so I may swap them out whenever the urge strikes.

Assembly was pretty straightforward...I was a bit disappointed with the metal axles and the accompanying hole in the engine block, and the mating of body to chassis gave me more stress than I really needed...lol

Okay, enough of my rambling...on to the pics! Hope y'all like!

P1030464.jpg

P1030466.jpg

P1030467.jpg

P1030468.jpg

P1030469.jpg

Cool like this one just got the kit last weekend and already have plans

for it so far I am going to paint it Tamiya light green TS -22 with a black hood

and not sure mabey gray or black interior Might add a bit of body color

to the interior to lighten it up

Edited by jedimastergary

Looks great, but I have to disagree with what you did on the exhausts. The rectangular exhaust outlets on the real car complement the horizontal theme of the taillights and rear panel, the round exhausts fight the overall design.

But that's just my opinion...

Looks great, but I have to disagree with what you did on the exhausts. The rectangular exhaust outlets on the real car complement the horizontal theme of the taillights and rear panel, the round exhausts fight the overall design.

Just remember, too, the T/A had the exhaust coming out in front of the rear tires, not the back. Beautiful build, though!

Dude It may be your opinion, but the buildwas to his PERSONAL TASTE. What gives you the right to think that your opinion out ways his taste? Thats just too aggorant. :(

Dude It may be your opinion, but the buildwas to his PERSONAL TASTE. What gives you the right to think that your opinion out ways his taste? Thats just too aggorant. :angry:

Aside from trashing Mark's post featuring his very nicely done Challenger with your attack on Harry, you are a douchebag and your English sucks! Outweigh and arrogant are the words you were looking for, douche. :)

Edited by Modelmartin

:PReally Nick, you confused those two? ;)how much partyin' you do this weekend bro? :o

Seriously though, i know I'm in the minority on this one but I agree with the hater... Harry does at times have a tendency to be a bit overbearing with his preferences and tastes. He (h8er) shouldnt have attacked him in the thread, but i do think that the builders taste is what its about....build for yourself first and let the rest fall where they may.

As far as the build I LOVE it and the differnt exhaust is creative and a refreshing break from the norm.

Too much apparently, :lol:

Seriously though, i know I'm in the minority on this one but I agree with the hater... Harry does at times have a tendency to be a bit overbearing with his preferences and tastes. He (h8er) shouldnt have attacked him in the thread, but i do think that the builders taste is what its about....build for yourself first and let the rest fall where they may.

I think it's more like tough love. :P Granted what he said in the engine stand thread may seem somewhat mean, but sometimes your thoughts don't type out quite as well as in your head. I think it's just the fact that Harry is frank with his comments and doesn't dance around the issue. :lol:

Wow, who knew that some exhaust tips would spark so much controversy? B)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! As for myself, I'm still not totally sold on the quad round tips myself, and I built the freakin' thing...lol...how would two oval tips look?

Edited by Captain Obvious

Dude It may be your opinion, but the buildwas to his PERSONAL TASTE. What gives you the right to think that your opinion out ways his taste? Thats just too aggorant. :)

Aggorant? Talk about stupid.

BAN THIS HORSE'S ASS!!

Edited by sjordan2

That lime looks great on it..your paintjob also helps a little <_< I really like the look with the first hood on it.. I'm curious though..you mentioned the kit has a metal axle in front iv'e built a couple of R/M Chall. T/As and they both had plastic spindles..was this an older release?

That lime looks great on it..your paintjob also helps a little :lol: I really like the look with the first hood on it.. I'm curious though..you mentioned the kit has a metal axle in front iv'e built a couple of R/M Chall. T/As and they both had plastic spindles..was this an older release?

This is the current Street Burners Challenger 2 'n 1 kit that contains parts for both the R/T and the T/A.

Thanks again for the comments, folks!