Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete Narrow nose question.

Guest zebm1

Zeb,

If you want to find out about Peterbilt trucks check this web site:

http://tahlborn.web.aplus.net/tim.htm

Tim probably knows more about Peterbilts' than all us put together.

Tim correct me if I'm wrong.

The Pete 351 was a Needle Nose Peterbilt with the Butterfly Hood (The truck from Duel). The 358 was a 351 with a Tilt Hood.

Dave Bates

• 2 months later...

I would love to try and build an old needle nose Pete! Sometime when I have a little extra cash , I'll snag a rein cab and try it. If someone was to buy the resin cab of the needle nose, what truck kit do you use for it and exactly how hard is it to convert? Just asking, because I've never tried taking a project like that on and I'm a real fan of old school trucks!

Johnny,

Try this link from Griffin's web site.

http://www.griffendesigns.com/Instructions.htm#Pete%20351

He gives some details on the conversion for a 351 Pete. The donor kit is the little window Pete 359 from AMT T500. I think the 351 was still available when the big window 359 came out but best check with Tim. If you check my Pete 351 build:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3105

I give some details about the changes that I made. Also Tim has some fine 351's on his web site and some extremely usefull information.

Good Luck.

Hi there

I made some narrrow nose peterbilts by myself but I had only the Reell or AMT Peterbilt 359 cabs to convert into the 351.

Cab changes:

359vs351_002.jpg

Hood changes:

359vs351_004.jpg

Finished Truck:

1954_281_018.jpg

It isn´t easy to manage but it is possible....this was my third version and also my best of them,lol.

Cheers,Chris

Chris

Nice 281 you built !

Those instructions on Griffen's site were prepared by me. They originally had some illustrations to go along with the text and were to go out with the resin parts.

I have not attempted what you did, backdating an 1100 series cab to the older cab.

Tim

Hi there,

thanks for the compliments.

The rivets were made from thin plastruct profile cutted in very small pwieces and glued on.After the glue was dried I sanded them smooth.The hood catches where made from thin tubing and wire.

This picture is a little bit closer:

oldpete007.jpg