Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fox Chassis (Ford) community build anyone?

whale392

Nice, Jeff!

I remembered to bring the camera to the bench today. Here's where I am at with the Trans Am Mustang (I think I like Jeff's better!)

TAMustang001.jpg

TAMustang002.jpg

Just out of curiosity...why is this community build, not in the community build forum?? Took me a bit to find it!

Just out of curiosity...why is this community build, not in the community build forum?? Took me a bit to find it!

I don't know, Tony, I sent a message to Gregg right after he put the CB section in, maybe he missed it. :) I'll try again. ;)

Some progress guys.....this is cool! I haven't made much since the start of show season here and I feel bad about it. Thanks for the pick-me-up. After the 30th of October, I will be able to dedicate more time to the build.

Eric; if you want to pull a mold, I will leave it unassembled and send it to you. Remember though, I have the Cobra rear bumper cover on my real car, and so too will the model (corrected from the kit bumper).

and as to the 'Why hasn't this been moved yet?' question.........Matt and I have BOTH sent messages to Gregg and/or Harry but it never seems to find its proper home.

Eric; if you want to pull a mold, I will leave it unassembled and send it to you. Remember though, I have the Cobra rear bumper cover on my real car, and so too will the model (corrected from the kit bumper).

I was talkin about the T-5 trans. I have a couple of Turbo Coupes I could borrow one from. I sent you a PM recently about those Stern wheels we talked about. If you could find those, I'd like to pull a mold of them...

• 3 weeks later...

Great Jeff! Glad to see a finished FOX come out of this CBP.

I have more done on my 1983 vert, and I am hoping to have it done by New Years! The 1991GT conversion I have going will be FAR from done at that time.

Thank you all for participating in this build, I hope to have some more progress pics up soon.

Would anyone like the deadline extended or should we let it die at its currently appointed time? Let me know everyone.

It's ultimately your choice, but it wouldn't hurt to extend it in my opinion, especially since I'm more than likely going to change my entry! :)

• 1 month later...

Glad to see they finally made a Community Build section. I apologize for my absence. I got frustrated with some of the problems I was having ( with the kit), and put the stang on the back burner. It is back in the mix again (along with 5 airplanes for group builds on finescale.com). Since I am not building a race specific car, I am using artistic license on some of the colors. I am going more on research photos than the directions. The body is waiting on another coat of primer. I've gotten some more bits and pieces done since I took these photos.

groupbuilds033.jpg

groupbuilds034.jpg

I had to add shocks and reservoirs up front, and I am going to add some brakes from a C5-R.

I really like what everyone is up to. I hope I can catch up!

Cheers,

Greg

So far, I believe two have completed builds. I had asked if we would like an extension, as several of us are in multiple CBPs, but only Highway (Matt) had responded. There are some nice projects going here, and I would hate to seee them get shut out by a deadline (and I have been busy with other things myself).

I will ask again; would anybody want more time or should we let this close on its' original date?

I'd go for an extension. My Trans-Am Stang chassis is nearly done, and still need to get primer, paint and decals on the body. I haven't touched my SVO yet...so I'll stick to the one build for now, though Jan 1 could be tight. If the majority still want Jan 1, then I'm okay with that. I've blown deadlines before!! :)