Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fox Chassis (Ford) community build anyone?

whale392

• 2 weeks later...

Be ready guys, after seeing Revells LX 5.0 Coupe in person.................................................. :)

If you want to build a 1:25 four-eye notch, I have it on good authority that the new Revell chassis will work under Kris Morgan's '79 transkit body. You'd still need to backdate the interior and engine (unless you want a restomod), but I might be jumping in with one of those. That, and there's the matter of me still having to wrap up the Mark VII.

• 2 months later...

For those interested, I dug out an old hood I had made, LONG ago...

100_3893_zps16b8faf0.jpg

And then I made a resin mold and cast it...

100_3895_zpscfe2ff04.jpg

It was made to look like an AF/X /// Reliable Resin hood. It is not the same, however.

NIETHER is it another repop. Unlike the others, my hood has hinges, to keep them in place.

(How long the resin hinges last is another story!)

100_3896_zps1e34a61f.jpg

I don't know, I tried a new mold rubber which is different then I was use to, and it took forever to dry.

Even when I thought it SHOULD BE dry, it was not. as such there is a blemish in the mold about dead center of the hood.

But it's easily fixable, with a bit of sanding. I could make a new mold, but I really don't see the point.

Besides, it's still better then the other guys recast of the Reliable Hood!

You can kind of see the flaw in this pic, though I think I sanded on the hood a little....

100_3887_zps0578f076.jpg

Edited by Abell82

Jason, I suspected you wouldn't really want to pop these for others! :)

Well, with the LX Coupe less than a month away, I imagine this thread MAY pick up again. I have been too busy with 1:1 FOXes to get to any building time for the 1/24th-1/25th versions!

Jason, I suspected you wouldn't really want to pop these for others! :)

Well, with the LX Coupe less than a month away, I imagine this thread MAY pick up again. I have been too busy with 1:1 FOXes to get to any building time for the 1/24th-1/25th versions!

It really doesn't matter, to me. There didn't seem to be a lot of interest in it though.

Like I said there was a flaw with the mold, and it went from fair to bad quickly. I did get a few extra copies before it became totally useless though.

And I have the master so I can always make a new mold, if needed.

I was just giving you a little bit of good-natured ribbing as I see you edited your post to remove the 'I think I could get a few more out of the mold' comment! It's ok, as I still have a bunch of parts I am debating on casting.

Anybody remember the Mark VII? No? Well... here's a refresher!

001-vi.jpg

I used the wheels and tires from the Revell '50 Ford F-1, and the rotor/caliper castings are from an old XS Tuning wheel/tire set. The car will sit a bit higher than this- the body is resting on the tops of the tires (and the large strip of plastic in back) in this photo.

I have a Lincoln or two myself, Chuck. I use the Monogram/Revell 1994-96 Mustang GT/Cobra chassis' with modification under these (one I did had a complete 1999 Cobra swap). Rear seats come from the MN12 Thunderbirds and Cougars.

The wheels, brakes, and stance look right for a 'tricked MKVII.

Thanks! Since the Revell body is downsized to the T-Bird/Cougar proportions I had no illusions about building this stock, only quasi-stock. Kind of thinking of stuffing the supercharged 5.4 from a '10 Shelby in there.... yeah, that idea keep sounding better and better the more I think of it. :rolleyes:

Chuck,

There is a gentleman over on Corral.net (these are 1:1 cars now) who took an entire 2007 GT500 drivetrain, floorpan, interior, and assorted pieces and fit them into a 1992 Mustang Coupe. He actually cut the floor out of the Fox and welded the appropriately measured GT500 floor section in. Then he made the GT500 dash fit, and everything else from the GT500. If it can be done in 1:1, it surely can be done in scale!

Chuck,

There is a gentleman over on Corral.net (these are 1:1 cars now) who took an entire 2007 GT500 drivetrain, floorpan, interior, and assorted pieces and fit them into a 1992 Mustang Coupe. He actually cut the floor out of the Fox and welded the appropriately measured GT500 floor section in. Then he made the GT500 dash fit, and everything else from the GT500. If it can be done in 1:1, it surely can be done in scale!

Gee, thanks. Just what I needed... ANOTHER project idea. <_<

:lol:

Roy,

Got some .040" styrene handy? With that, a razor saw/hobby knife, glue, a bit of body filler, and some good reference photos and a cowl hood is just a few short hours away from being on the GT350.

That would be a good idea Brad, but my scratchbuilding skills are.."not so good lookin'"..lol

Roy

Bought a "knock- off" Reliable resin Mustang LX coupe on Ebay a few months ago...

Here's what I got...

100_3836_zpsc247f9d3.jpg

Here it is today....

100_3905_zps36f8b49a.jpg

100_3899_zps9a33b2ee.jpg

100_3912_zps42fb7b5f.jpg

It still needs a bunch of work, but I think it's coming along fairly well.

Yes, that's one of my hoods, I was going to primer it, but it started raining. (The black spots on the edges of the hood are black marker)