Model Cars Magazine Forum

94 Impala Limo

Space Cowboy

It appears that the side window sills don't line up... I would think they should line up. Perhaps fill in the entire mid section? What color are you going to paint it? It would look good in "Limo" black with dark tint glass, via Tamiya window tint. Keep going with this!

Looking good Bruce!

Remember the only door on the driver's side would be the driver's due to structural considerations. Full frame autos are limited by regs.

There will be up to three doors on the passenger side but two is the norm. One for the front seat passenger, and one in back for the remainder of the "guests".

Usually a bar or some type of entertainment center will be on the left side of the interior. As for the rest? Go crazy man, go crazy!

G

I've seen "Limos" with as many as 8 doors (4 per side) but the norm being 4 (2 per side) UNLESS it's a Late Airport Limo, which is commonly known as the "Mourning Funeral Limo" by today's standards, which the number of doors could be endless even if it was straining on the frame. I think a li'l History Lesson of the Limo is in order shall we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limousine

Space Cowboy, Go Man Go! I can't wait to see whatcha do with this wonderful ideas! I'm waiting patiently to see more. * TWO THUMBS UP!!" :lol:

"Remember the only door on the driver's side would be the driver's due to structural considerations. Full frame autos are limited by regs."

G

Every limousine I have ever seen has at least two functional doors on the driver's side, one for the driver, the second door out back for the guests.

BTW, this looks like a great build! You solved that alignment issue... keep going!

BTW #2... nice job incorporating a formal roof line out back!

Edited by Spyder

That is looking GREAT!!

Keep up the good work! She's gettin there!

edit:

Just checked it out in under glass. (guess I shoulda read your post here first before posting..hehe)

AWESOME job!!!!

That is a really cool limo! Might need to borrow that when my fiance and I decide to get married! :blink: Now where did I put that shrink ray....

Edited by NJ-Wayne