Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Wraith" 77 Chevy Corvette Custom

Car Crazy 81

Heres another project that i'll wind up taking my sweet ol' time finishing due to the number of body modifications. The kit im using is a Revell 69 Corvette Coupe. I was told on the forum that a Revell/Monogram 78 Corvette i thought of that but after looking at Unique Movie Cars' website it was a 77 model the louvers in the back was installed on the car to appear newer.

ModelCars028.jpg

Edited by Car Crazy 81

I loved that movie, but I always thought there was something wrong with the 'vette. It just did not sit right or something. IT always looked too high in the front like it was missing some front spoiler or something and looked like it squatted to much in the rear or something. I know it was modded here and there for the movie, but it just never looked quite right to me.

Can't wait to see the builds on this. I thought about doing some of these builds from that movie too since you can get everyone of them except the police cars and the MS Mopar. If someone would resin cast the lead Mopar I'd attempt to build the whole set.I kinda feel like the shelf would be empty without having the lead car to go with the rest of the set.

I'm surprised that no one made that car since it was used as an Indy pace car and set some speed records. After all they did the Olds aerotech.

I loved that movie, but I always thought there was something wrong with the 'vette. It just did not sit right or something.

The problem is they tried to maintain the 77? vette's body lines, which makes the newer rear end too low. It looks like it got rear ended. I would HAVE to try to fix that.

The problem is they tried to maintain the 77? vette's body lines, which makes the newer rear end too low. It looks like it got rear ended. I would HAVE to try to fix that.

Great. So I am not the only one that thought it looked out of place. I don't my 'vette's well enough to figure out what they changed and did not change on that car, but it was the only one that looked really out of place.

One other thing that I did not like was the fake blower and catcher on the Pontiac. They could have at least mounted a motor inside to spin the blower pulley and open the butterflies with a cable or something when it was moving. At least try to make it look real.

• 2 months later...

Heres some updated pics of Packard Walsh's ride. I'd recieved the custom body from a good friend of mines that built this for me to save me the trouble of building it. He combined a Revell 68 Corvette Roadster as a starting point, grafted a Monogram 82 Corvette rear section and modified it, scratchbuilt the fender flares, headlight buckets. I was impressed when i'd got to see it. I'd primered the body to find any imperfections it came out ok and now it needs paint. The wheels came from a Revell 56 Ford F100 Pickup Hot Rod version i'd painted the centers with Testors Bright Red in a bottle and drybrushed the spokes with Testors Silver both in a bottle. What ya'll think.

when i read, the wraith i thoug, of the dodge, but the corvette its gonna be a great builds i see you love to build movie cars, i took 1st place with my deathproof nova on the SCAE in PR, if youre still interested in the rubberduck ornament that you told me a while back, now i can do them cause ive learn the art of resin casting, keep up the good work

• 8 months later...

Looking great! The Wraith is one of my all time favorite car movies, I just wish someone could make that Plymouth Interceptor. That would be a he11 of a thing to see.

SWEET! I'll be watching this thread for sure then. :)

Edited by Wolf75