Model Cars Magazine Forum

The California Charger

... To me, one of the prettiest funny cars was John Keeling and Jerry Clayton's California Charger Firebird ........... this build combines a Comp Resins body with a late Revell chassis ........ the paint is a custom mix of French Blue and Classic White ..... and the decals came from Slixx

CCFC1.jpg

CCFC2.jpg

CCFC3.jpg

CCFC4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know it's an old thread but I just ordered this body and decal set for a similar project.

What Revell kit did you use?

What mods did you make?

How well did it fit the chassis?

And did you make the windscreen from scratch or modify one?

I know it's an old thread but I just ordered this body and decal set for a similar project.

What mods did you make?

I used the chassis from a Revell Firebird kit, Spy vs Spy if I remember correctly ...... the only mods were to add a Crower 8-barrel injector and scoop (Comp Resins) and to shorten the interior tin to allow the body to drop down to the proper level ............ I reworked the back of the rear wheel openings to make the tires and wheels look more "centered", but all in all the body fit the kit extremely well ............. I made the windshield out of clear sheet plastic

I hope you have as much fun building your "Charger" as I did building mine :D

What mods did you make?

I used the chassis from a Revell Firebird kit, Spy vs Spy if I remember correctly ...... the only mods were to add a Crower 8-barrel injector and scoop (Comp Resins) and to shorten the interior tin to allow the body to drop down to the proper level ............ I reworked the back of the rear wheel openings to make the tires and wheels look more "centered", but all in all the body fit the kit extremely well ............. I made the windshield out of clear sheet plastic

I hope you have as much fun building your "Charger" as I did building mine :D

Thanks heaps for the reply and tips, I'm sure they're going to come in handy when mine arrives and I tackle it.

Cheers Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...