Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Show Us Your Work Bench

17 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I really appreciate the photos of projects on the workbench. There never will be too many pictures!! But I would also be interested in seeing your workbench. I am about to build a new bench in a new space in a different house in Toepka, KS. I finally get to unpack kits, tools, magazines and move in. So I'm looking for ideas for a new bench.

Posted · Report post

I work on a fold up card table in my room...it's not the greatest, but it's what I've got.

These pictures were taken just after I set up to work again last month. It's much messier now, with parts from my Mystery Dodge Daytona and about 12 other builds on it. Mostly bodys!

2006March15th002-vi.jpg

2006March15th003-vi.jpg

This is the Staging Area, AKA, my windowsill. When this shot was taken, I had some 1/64 NASCARs (my first, true love!) that needed to be repaired, and some that I made myself. I can fit about 9 models along it when it's clean, but it never is, I have space for about 3 now.

2006March15th004-vi.jpg

Interesting enough, my fan was on high when these pictures were taken.

Posted · Report post

Here's mine a 12x12 room built in the corner of my shop.All of the lumber came from a discount lumber yard near me.Cheap Wally World shelves and a cheap plastic table from Staples.Grand total of about $300.00.

workbench1.jpg

workbench3.jpg

workbench4.jpg

Posted · Report post

look at where Minidreams gets it all done !

e37f3a51.jpg

Posted · Report post

Heres the dungeon, still a work in progress.

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

Posted · Report post

here's mine.....

almost 8' long, 25" wide.....

old countertop from my old house!!!

2048.jpg

Posted · Report post

I can't find my workbench, to look for my camera, to take pictures of the mess!LOL

Posted · Report post

i picked up a little bit......hehehe

Posted · Report post

Nice work areas. Wish mine was in a room of its own. I have to share space in my 3 yr olds room. It sucks when you rent. Here is a pic.

BBAutoPics006.jpg

Posted · Report post

Bobby, is that RMR's 50 Suburban? I have one of them too. Smoothed it out though, it's not going to be anywhere near stock!

Posted · Report post

Yes that is an early RMR 50 Suburban. He has come a long way since I bought that. Top quality stuff that he puts out.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I agree. I've got 5 of his items, the most I have from any resin caster. I got mine in Toledo 04...

Posted · Report post

Here's some pics of our hobby room. We're fortunate enough to have a room big enough for a desk and for the growing collection of kits that are piling up. Unfortunately we are running out of room and I will probably be selling quite a few of the projects I won't be building. Anyways...on with the pics...

room1.jpg

room3.jpg

room8.jpg

room11.jpg

room10.jpg

room7.jpg

room6.jpg

room2.jpg

room9.jpg

room4.jpg

room5.jpg

Posted · Report post

Wow, Brian...that's pretty impressive! I hope ya don't do like I did: sell off the stash of kits and then regret it. But....if ya happen to find a desire to rid yerself of an 86 El Camino SS or a 79 or 83 Camaro kit....well, I'd be happy to trade ya for something.

I'm gonna refrain from posting a pic of my work area, cuz it's just a little corner of a table with stuff scattered hither and yon. But it's what I got and I'm grateful for it. Maybe one day I'll re-arrange my computer room so that I can have a workbench behind me and the computers in front of me...and then with my swivel chair, I could reverse that at any time. Hmmm...something to think about. Maybe I'll see if I can pick up a long card table....

You may have started something like an avalanche. :?

Posted · Report post

heres my work table, such as it is:

workbench8ee.jpg

note the 1/32 revell cobra slot car body; i NEED a windshield bad to fit the

rarely found fastback roof! please help!

Posted · Report post

You asked for it!

IMGP2971-vi.jpg

IMGP2973-vi.jpg

Mabey someday when I get a place of my own I'll be able to have a decent setup, but till then this is the mess I live with!

Posted · Report post

Imgp0695.jpg

Imgp0699.jpg

Some pics of my modelling habitat- a converted closet in my den