Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Post The Orange Blossom Special

truckpuller

Im new here and been into truck and tractor pulling my whole life so what better kit then to do then the Orange Blossom Special By amt. I just started this kit and have taken pictures as im moving along. If you see anything i screwed up on please let me know sorry my pictures are not that great only camera i have is my cell phone camera. Another thing this kit did not come with the right front wheels so unless i find a extra set looks like these will be used. Nothing except the frame is glued just wanted to do a check and see how things are going to fit

post-6248-12724657201902_thumb.jpg

post-6248-12724657780605_thumb.jpg

post-6248-12724660630825_thumb.jpg

post-6248-12724661275642_thumb.jpg

Its not the wheels its the front tires on the real truck the are really skinny on the model i have amt put good year rally tires are this wide

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq12/1066ih/obs%20model/0428101452.jpg

I see what you mean now. It looks like you need tires from a dragster or pro street kit with the skinny front tires. I'll do some digging in the parts box, I may have a set that might work.

You right, they did have skinny drag tires. I'll look and see if I have a set too. My brother built one of these years ago and I ended up with the parts after it got destroyed. It had the correct tires at the time, so I wonder if they changed them at some point. Was your kit sealed, or did someone swap the original tires on it?

Great start Truckpuller...

I used to have this kit and the Meisterbrau pulling tractor, but lost them

along a way of moves. Just makes me sick, as these are fantastic kits.

I myself like the pulling trucks, just wished they were more pickup kits

for us modelers. I would like to make a bunch of pulling trucks...