Model Cars Magazine Forum

FREE YOUR MIND well short of

got this kit today at my LHS. and was wondering how would you guys go about building it ???. stock or custom i have the two colors i want to use. but should i two tone it?? or do it other way once i find some pics of how i want ti to look ill post them i just want you guys to give me some ideas.

thanks a lot

blake

DSC00025.jpg

I'd build it essentially stock, with the red as an accent on the pillars and the roof, as the 1:1 trucks were two-toned, as well as the tailgate letters.

Charlie Larkin

I agree with Charlie, but I think I'd use the gold as the accent color and the red as body color. Other than the flip on the colors, maybe a nice set of custom wheels, since the colors wouldn't be stock. Essentially a nice grocery getter!

Personally, Id go with either a nice white pearl or a sweet shade of silver with that red. Keep the wheels and tires moderate, not overdone. Those make a really sweet looking street truck. As for the engine, I'd go with the six. Maybe 3 webers or fuel injection...but that's just me...I'm old school :angry:

But I think anyway you do it, it's going to be a neat truck.. :lol:

the body of the truck seems to have a division that is perfect for a no-nonsence straight line two tone paintjob

i would paint the top half of the cab, hood and bed gold and the roof and everything bellow the beltline red

maybe even use a black pinstrip in between?

use the stock steelies painted red iether without dishes or with gold dishes

similar to what i did on this ford

(the lines of the rear fender are close to those on your truck in case your not seeing the division the way i see it)

IMG00022-20090616-1921.jpg

Hey Blake, Iknow these are 64's but its basically the same kit with fleetsides (I do have a 65 but I got a wild plan for that onerolleyes.gif ). Anyway heres the 64s

64chevpufinished4.jpg

64pickup3qtr.jpg

64chevpickup2.jpg

dunno why I keep rusting them up, no fords I guess lol

• 3 weeks later...

wow been looking for this post lol. anyways huge update guys.......ill be using the custom interior out of the 62 AMT Catalina!!! ill be getting some photos of it ASAP so hold on and bare with me as my shifts are long and time consuming hence why it takes so long to build things.

Edited by moparfan426

• 4 weeks later...

I'd go with just a basic mild custom- with the whitewalls and steelies, and a basic removal of badges and handles. I think I'd probably run a custom grille, if for no other reason the grille in teh Revell '64 and '65 Chevy truck kits has always bugged me. Too narrow? Too tall? Both? I can't put my finger on it, but that's really the only gripe I have with this particular kit, and no matter which way you go you ought to be pretty happy with it! :D