Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fall 2010 Releases from Revell

Where's the '68 Hemi Dart?

It's coming in June, I think. It was previously announced, wouldn't be included in the Fall announcements. Likewise for reissues like the '48 Ford woody, '67 Charger, '69 Mach 1, etc that are coming in Spring/Summer...

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot wait for the midgets - haven't been this excited about a new release since the Monogram sprint cars were initially released! :) I still have an unfinished Etzel resin kit-guess I will break out that decal sheet and do multiple versions!

A few 'inspiration photos'...

kurtis-midget.jpg

50kurtis30520-1.jpg

3625525351_13f83d81a1.jpg

3232729126_4b02ccb33e.jpg

Edited by AK_Invader

• 4 weeks later...

Just got Revell's most recent release schedule - thought I'd pass it along.

June

1:25 '69 Mustang Cobra Jet

1:24 Ferrari California

1:24 '66 Shelby Mustang

July

1:25 Viper SRT10 ACR

1:24 VW Samba Bus

1:25 Ed Roth Outlaw

August

1:24 Kurtis Kraft Racer (SSP)

1:25 Corvette ZR-1

1:25 Dodge Hemi Dart

1:25 '48 Ford Woody

1:25 Mongoose Funny Car

1:25 Ed Roth Beatnik Bandit

September

1:24 Tom Daniel Ice T

1:25 '59 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

1:25 '02 Camaro 2n1

1:25 '72 Olds Cutlass Supreme 2n1 (Moved up from Oct)

1:25 Chi Town Hustler Charger Funny Car (Moved up from Oct)

October

1:25 '55 Chevy Bel Air Convertible

1:25 '59 Ford Galaxie Skyliner (SSP)

November

1:25 Kurtis Midget (Edelbrock V-8/60 version)

1:24 '58 Ford Thunderbird Conv' 2n1

1:24 T'rantula

1:24 '80 Ford Bronco 2n1

December

1:24 Black Widow Model T rod (SSP)

1:25 Kurtis Midget (Offenhauser version)

1:25 Hawaiian Funny Car

Edited by Brett Barrow

Why are they rehashing the 02 Camaro? Seems to me there would be more interest in the current street version. They did the show car, but no one has done a street version yet, and there ARE diffrences. Few, yes, but nonetheless....

As I stated in the other thread on this subject; the 2010 Mustang is a good thing actually. I hear you all on the 'It should have been a 2011 because the 5.0L returns' statement, but just think....for once we have a one-year-only model IN SCALE. And being that the 2011 really isn't much different looks-wise than the 2010, it opens the door to future kitting possibilities.

Also stated in the other thread; while the SVO will be a straight re-issue with the hobbily inaccurate spoiler and wrong intake, fixing the lower spoiler contour and adding the 4square intake from the TBird TurboCoupe could yield a slightly more realistic SVO that will be WIDELY available versus having to scour EBay for it.

Where's the Chi-Town Hustler?

B) B) :P:angry:

Mike

In April I had talked to someone who worked for Revell and he said that the Chi-Town Hustler won't be on the shelves until Aug. or Sept. As you well know, that could change also. BTW, the test shot of that model looks real good and yes it does have the offset engine and drivers seat.

yeah, them car kits r nice, but im really geeked abouth the hms campbeltown!. it was a sister ship to the uss ballard and the uss montgomery..now i can build both boats named after both sides of my family.now i jus gotta figger out how to build a boat....... :)

Can you say "Famous Fifty" ?

Cannot wait for the midgets - haven't been this excited about a new release since the Monogram sprint cars were initially released! :) I still have an unfinished Etzel resin kit-guess I will break out that decal sheet and do multiple versions!

A few 'inspiration photos'...

kurtis-midget.jpg

50kurtis30520-1.jpg

3625525351_13f83d81a1.jpg

3232729126_4b02ccb33e.jpg

WOW! Maybe I will get some of those.

Why are they rehashing the 02 Camaro? Seems to me there would be more interest in the current street version. They did the show car, but no one has done a street version yet, and there ARE diffrences. Few, yes, but nonetheless....

It's a lot easier to add a second set of wheels/tires and some decals than it is to tool up an all new car... My guess is that's all the '02 Camaro 2n1 will be, but I could be wrong.