Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 67/68 Impala custom

Irvin Arter Jr.

I got this original AMT 1968 Impala Custom (it’s really a 67) from MJ. It was used and Mike repainted it with Boyds orange pearl before I got it so I left it alone. I foiled it, painted the original custom interior and added aftermarket wheels and brakes. I added a Revell 69 Camaro front spoiler, aluminum exhaust tips, photo etch “SS†on the grill and Impala’s on the rear roof. It is a curbside so no motor. After I shot the photos I realized the rear bumper slipped down so I will have to re epoxy it. Enjoy!

67ChevyCustom11-vi.jpg

68Impala1-vi.jpg

68Impala4-vi.jpg

68Impala5-vi.jpg

68Impala7-vi.jpg

68Impala9-vi.jpg

Aw ######. I always hated this model because it wasn't stock. Now I see this, and I have to have one too. It's gorgeous. It's all your fault :lol:

Your right on this one Bob, I just turned down a builder before Christmas...Irv thats just plain super sharp!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Looks cool Irv. I've always liked the look of that car. 

If I could find a copy of the front and rear custom parts I'd do one with the newer kit. 

Looks to me that the older kits got the lines of the rear 1/4s more correct than the new one though.