Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dave

I know what you're going through with moving those kits. When I moved from Oskaloosa Iowa to here, I had the contents of a 10' X 12' storage building and a 6' X 9' closet to move. I now not only have all of those kits, but I've added about that many more. I'm not dead yet, so I'll keep adding even more.

Just like in your pix, huh? lol. I see you have what is probably a very rare kit. The lowboy with the CAT D8 combo kit.

I don't have as many as some of you guys, but I do have stashes in 2 states. lol. There's a handful in my friend's attic in PA that I didn't get a chance to grab when I moved, although 90% of my collection is at home in MO with me.

Actually, there's two of those kits now, one still sealed. LOL

I have a "little" bit of the sickness. I have somewhere around 150-175 kits, of which about half are trucks. Not including truck bodies, chassis, etc. for numerous others. From basic pickups to lots of monster trucks.......

My problem is this, I have about 20 trucks in various stages of being built. Every time I get an idea in my little pea-brain, I bustout another kit, and get it to where my mind is reasonably satisfied, and then it goes on a shelf, and I bust-out another one.

Once the weather gets good here in Northern Nevada, I'll have to have an assmbly line for painting......... :)

Rod

• 8 months later...

Those aren’t trucks. They’re cars with longer chassis.

nice collection of pickups ,im big on them myself i see you have the "diamond in the rough " kit ,that was one of the first kits i bough when i got back into the hobby in the mid 80's

jim

Yes. there's a ton of information here. Whenever I get the paint on that car hauler stripped and ready to build the truck to haul it, I'll be getting in touch with you truck builders. The car hauler could be a neat item to display some of my model car builds.

Now that I think about it, the truck I used before had a straight front and I like the look of the trucks with the big long hood out front.

Looks I have to come out and visit you!!! :o

I have a bunch too! Alot of the re-releases I don't have the boxes to, cuz there's not enough room in my Garage! The way I see it, I will be retiring from the Army soon, they are there for me when my wife wants me out of her hair. It is addicting. You see one you ain't got, or have to have, even though you have 2 already, You see it in your head, the project you have for it. Am lookin for a cattle trailer while I am hthinkin of projects. B)

• 1 year later...

Two states??? How about two countries??? I've got close to 100 back in my parents basement in Toronto, and at least another 75 here in Iowa.....

If you ever plan on getting rid of any of the kits in Toronto, let me know and I can zip over and meet your parents.