Model Cars Magazine Forum

These are a couple WIPs that I started about a year or two ago, and haven't done much with since. The first is an AMT Dodge Dually with the Open Road camper, and the second is another AMT Dodge Dually that I got from a friend that he got from a friend of ours who had lengthened the frame on for some reason. He added a part of the frame from another dually kit, and I found it worked nicely under AMT's Racers Wedge. I have to widen the wedge so it fits over the dual wheels and make some filler panels for the wheel arches. I also need to modify the front panel of the wedge to fit down over the Dodge frame. I'm planning on making the trucks match and add a race car of some sort to make it somewhat of a weekend style race team.

HPIM1516.jpg

HPIM1517.jpg

HPIM1519.jpg

HPIM1520.jpg

HPIM1518.jpg

Some good looking trucks.

For the Wedge, you can just close up the dual axle opening and make a fender flare.

Or maybe extend the chassis to the rear of the opening and close up the front part,

Or

Or

Maybe

Dual Duellies? B)

I may have a extra set of rear Dodge duallie wheels (not chrome tho)

I'll find out tomorrow.

RTV is curing ;)

Some good looking trucks.

For the Wedge, you can just close up the dual axle opening and make a fender flare.

Or maybe extend the chassis to the rear of the opening and close up the front part,

Or

Or

Maybe

Dual Duellies? ;)

I may have a extra set of rear Dodge duallie wheels (not chrome tho)

I'll find out tomorrow.

RTV is curing ;)

Thanks, Rodney! I'm thinking of just closing the opening and making it a single wheel opening. I was thinking a dual dually, but my friend is already building a wedge like that, and if I'd do the same, he'd say "You stole my idea"!! B) In fact, that's how I got the Dodge for the wedge, I gave him an old 1:32 scale frame from a Peterbilt for his double dually wedge and he gave me the Dodge!

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I LOVE the camper! NICE work! I know the Camper & Wedge race bed came together (I'd KILL just to get the camper, myself) but NICE job placing them on Dodge Dually 3500 Ram's!

I myself, may wind up scratch building a camper to be a tow-behind to go with my Dads '79 Dodge truck thats in my Father & Son Dodge truck build...... I'm now workin' on my Dads truck's interior as Its getting close done! A lot of work either way. but will be 2 nice trucks when done!

-Just like these 2, will be nice trucks when done! What ya plan to put on the wedge bed for a race car?