Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here are some of my trucks

Here are some of my trucks that I've built in the past few years. I hope ya like them.

The Mule/Chevy

DSC00891.jpg

Chevy Wrecker

Towtruck1.jpg

Towtruck2.jpg

Custom Datsun

CustomDatsun29.jpg

Datsun work truck

FarmDatsun20.jpg

FarmDatsun21.jpg

Datsun as stock as I could make it

4a14e7f0.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

Ther's more and I post more next. Thanks fer lookin. Dan

Here are more trucks.

53 Ford work truck

Fordtruck40.jpg

Fordtruck38.jpg

Ford 4x4. I don't know what year this is

Fordoffroadtruck1.jpg

72 GMC converted to 4x4

DSC00931.jpg

Nellybelle/Jeep

Nellybelle35.jpg

CJ5 with a 350 Chevy, blown

DSC00927.jpg

Ford/rollback hauler

Rollback29.jpg

Edited by 59 Chevy Impala

A blanket statement,

They all look Great.

The Custom Ford was a Double take.

Great looking Datsuns.

Looks as if the Mule as One more BAJA 500 left in her.

Maybe :lol:

The 53 Ford looks Great too :lol:

Both of them

:lol:

Jeeps look Great too.

Love the guard Dog.

Nice GMC too.

Thanks fellas for the kind comments. They all were fun for me. The dog was sent to me by a guy in Texas who got it from a guy in Germany and all at not cost. God bless modelers for helping each other. He is supposed to be Bullet from the Roy Rogers show back in the 50's. I have a figure who is supposed to be Pat Brady, the guy who drove Nellybelle. There are more pics in my photobucket on all of these trucks if you would like to see them. I had fun converting the 53 and the GMC to 4x4's. They both have the same frame and drive train in them from the Mule Skinner Chevy truck. The other 53 has the dump parts from the MPC 53 and I had to make parts of the ram from scratch in order for it to work right. Of course building Nellybelle was a real trip for me cause it was the first time that I did a lot of scratch building. The doors a brass sheet, the boxes on top of the rear fenders are made from sheet plastic and the rung is copper wire. Parts from 5 different Jeeps were used to finish her. That's about all for now. Agian, thanks for the kind words. Dan

P.S. As for my screen name Mike, I also build cars and the 59 Impala is my favorite one. :D:D;)

Edited by 59 Chevy Impala

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, and they all were fun to build. The Mule was really the first one that I tried to rust with pastels and using the dremmel to cut the holes from behind. The color of the truck is just the plastic with a dull coat over the cab and nothing over the bed. Of course the decals from the kit were used also. Dan

Thanks fellas for the kind comments. They all were fun for me. The dog was sent to me by a guy in Texas who got it from a guy in Germany and all at not cost. God bless modelers for helping each other. He is supposed to be Bullet from the Roy Rogers show back in the 50's. I have a figure who is supposed to be Pat Brady, the guy who drove Nellybelle. There are more pics in my photobucket on all of these trucks if you would like to see them. I had fun converting the 53 and the GMC to 4x4's. They both have the same frame and drive train in them from the Mule Skinner Chevy truck. The other 53 has the dump parts from the MPC 53 and I had to make parts of the ram from scratch in order for it to work right. Of course building Nellybelle was a real trip for me cause it was the first time that I did a lot of scratch building. The doors a brass sheet, the boxes on top of the rear fenders are made from sheet plastic and the rung is copper wire. Parts from 5 different Jeeps were used to finish her. That's about all for now. Agian, thanks for the kind words. Dan

P.S. As for my screen name Mike, I also build cars and the 59 Impala is my favorite one. B)B):P

Really nice job on the trucks Dan, and thanks for posting.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

James, the blue Datsun was built by me. It is the California Sunshine (MPC kit) custom truck and really can't be built stock. It can be built almost stock. I had a lot of work to do to get it where it is. There is no stock exhaust for it and I had to fabricate that and guess how it was ran under the truck. I need to redo the seats to get the high headrests removed. The Blue paint is just Testors little bottle enamel sprayed through an airbrush. Sorry it took so long to respond to your question. My bad. Dan

Nathan I believe that it's an AMT kit. It's been so long ago I don't remember. I do remember that it was a 2 wheel drive kit and I converted it to 4 wheel drive by using the frame and drive line from the Muleskinner kit like the first truck that I posted.

Dan