Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sports team = Which car

They are far from my favorite sports team, sorry I follow Nascar, but since I'm only about an hour from Pittsburg, PA, here's what comes to mind.

Steelers=AMT's Freuhauf Flatbed (because it has a steel coil load)

Since race teams are kind of default out of this thread, I will go with the only other sport besides auto racing I ever attempted to follow...NBA Basketball.

For the LA Clippers (yes, don't ask, I am a Clipper fan) a Packard Clipper certainly would fit the bill!

For the New Jersey Nets (I'm a glutton for punishment!) I would have to say the Pinto, because in the past few seasons, the team has pretty much crashed and burned! :unsure:B)

My fiance is from Chicago area and a die hard fan of many but she came up with the Studebaker Hawk for the Black Hawks( she is at a loss for her Cubbies and the only thing I can think Bear wise I can only think of quads. There is a Grizzly out there.

I have nothing for my Cards lol any car named Cardinals?

No, but you're forgetting the Pontiac PHOENIX!!!! Ford also made a paint color called CARDINAL Red!! Paint the Phoenix with the Ford paint, and you get a Phoenix Cardinal!!! :unsure:

Edited by highway

No, but you're forgetting the Pontiac PHOENIX!!!! Ford also made a paint color called CARDINAL Red!! Paint the Phoenix with the Ford paint, and you get a Phoenix Cardinal!!! :unsure:

True! I smell a 1976 Pontiac Phoenix in those colors soon. lol and Thanks!

Here is how this is gonna work tell us your favorite sports team is and what car best represents it.

Here is mine Indianapolis Colts = Mustang

Let me know what your teams is and the car that suits them best.

Justin

I have a 1/24 Mustang for my ( I am too asking for punishment) KC Chiefs but I think a Jeep Cherokee Chief would work. I have nothing for my Cards lol any car named Cardinals?

Man, you guys just don't go back far enough. There was a Dodge Colt, a Pontiac Chieftain, and a Muntz Jet. My favorite College team would have to be sponsored by a International Harvester corn picker:Nebraska a big red, Corn husker - Green Bay: a Packard -Miami:Renault Dolphin - St. Lewis: Dodge Ram - Atlanta:Ford Falcon - Jacksonville: XKE Just to name a few.

Guest promodmerc

I have a 1/24 Mustang for my ( I am too asking for punishment) KC Chiefs but I think a Jeep Cherokee Chief would work. I have nothing for my Cards lol any car named Cardinals?

That's a good combo. Both are worthless and are sure to let you down. :lol::D

dodge-00013-1.jpg

Superbird.jpg

those are the detroit redwings in case you missed it

and for those of you who follow soccer my club is PSV eindhoven (Philips Sport Vereniging) from the Netherlands so who better to represent them then a Dutch sports car painted in the local police colours (the red i imagine is the red from PSVs home jerseys and the blue matches their away jerseys)

spyker_politie.jpg

now of to find the MSU spartans

Maple leafs. Garbage truck

Very true.

Don't forget 1970 Pontiac Cardinal red,

stuff071.jpg

and 1978 Pontiac Cardinal red, (I built a replica of this car)

78fr12_1.jpg

or '74 Cardinal red

74fr13_2.jpg